Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Comment While Reading

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Krozam

Krozam

Comment While Reading Empty
PostSubject: Comment While Reading   Comment While Reading I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:52 pm

I'm not sure whether this should belong here or in the Issue Discussion...

I sometimes write down my thoughts already when I'm reading/watching the anime/comic. I'm now starting to read issue #33, and I'll write my comments here.

Page 5: Avenger in a recognition row (or whatever it's called)? This is starting hilariously... Laughing As for music, I'm starting with Beam of Light.

Page 7: Ah... Repercussions for what happened with the time police in Carpe Diem. I didn't expect there to be any. This is interesting.

Page 9: "Relax! I have friends in high places... I'll get you a larger cell." This made me laugh. Laughing

Page 13: Ah... Good old Raider. His turn to bust Avenger out. He always repays his debts. Laughing

Page 14: "How did you manage to escape?" "The truth is that I've never been there! It's a long story! Maybe I'll tell you someday!" Laughing

Pages 20-22: Ooh... Very interesting... Also, time to change music. Let's try Crash.

Page 27: Finally they meet.

Page 28: Hehe... This is getting even more interesting.

Page 30: That was way cool! One of Raider's most badass moments. Ever. Music, Deathslinger.

Page 36: "Why did you say "oh"? Did you understand anything?" "I said it at school too. It has always worked." As I said elsewhere, Raider and Avenger's dialogue always flows well. XD

Page 40: Finally, some Avenger action! Music: War of Angels, starting from halfway point.

Page 45: "As Cicero said, 'grave is the weight of his own conscience...'" "You've studied Cicero?" "No, but I once broke into his house." Laughing

Page 57: So they decided to develop Nash's character a little as well...

Pages 58-61: Something epic. Time for The Raven Talks Backwards. Raider... Sad

Page 64: "Will he recover, doctor?" XD

Overall: Raider is f*cking awesome! That's pretty much all I need to say about this issue.

Well, alright. The effect of Raider's sacrifice is somewhat mitigated by the fact that I know he survived, but it was still quite touching. I wish he'd told them more about Trip, though, and that Avenger and the commander had somehow reacted to his "last request". The art style is okay. Concept idea is interesting. Kronin was a great character idea: a truly evil counterpart to the antiheroic current Raider, as well as a tool to develop Raider's background. Some very nice humour here and there. Overall, I'd say it's not a top-tier issue, but it's above average.

-----------------------------------------------

Comments? Also, I challenge you to try this, it makes for a different kind of reading experience. It might weaken immersion, but you won't forget anything important that popped into your mind during reading. If it happens to be a deeply philosophical, artistic and/or touching issue, you might find yourself writing a wall of text about it, analysing it thoroughly.
Back to top Go down
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: Comment While Reading   Comment While Reading I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:26 pm

Actually he didn't really survive, but something like that... Very Happy
Maybe the next issue is better *I've already said it*.
I love this issue, I'm going to do a fan art for it.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: Comment While Reading   Comment While Reading I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:38 pm

What do you mean he didn't survive? His future self appears in the LotR theme issue, and he also appears in at least one future issue... Oh, wait, they mess with time again, don't they? <.< Sometimes I feel time travel is a bit too powerful a tool in PKNA. Still, the time travel issues are pretty consistently among my favourites.

Don't answer, I guess I'll find out in the next issue.
Back to top Go down
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: Comment While Reading   Comment While Reading I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:05 pm

Don't be afraid, it's nothing so important. I was just specifying. XD

Krozam wrote:
Still, the time travel issues are pretty consistently among my favourites.
Agree.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: Comment While Reading   Comment While Reading I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:11 pm

There's a reason the issue was called "The Day that Will Come".
I have the translation written down for the next one already. Just gotta wait for my scans and I'll have it up soon enough.

Anyways!

I'll do Fragments of Autumn and try to recollect my first reading experience.

COVER

Holy crap, this looks totally awesome! I'm crossing my fingers for that I'm in for some deep stuff...

PAGE 5

I love autumn too, dude. My favorite season...

PAGE 6

The look Lyla's going for right now... Diggin' it!

PAGE 8

Okay, what is this, a duckified version of Mystique?

PAGE 12

What the hell is going? Sh*t's gettin' weird, man!

PAGE 14-15

Oh, the machines and humanity, how touching... Actually, be proud you're a robot, cause robots don't smear their feces over all the walls in the bathroom! Gaaah I hate people!

PAGE 17

Leaf man's giving me vibes. Of molestation...

PAGE 19

Oh, governor is governatore in Italian. I'll totally have someone do an Arnold impression if I ever decide to make a motion comic out of it...

PAGE 20

Droids getting rights? I wish Geena was still here to witness this...

PAGE 21

Hey, a callback to Carpe Diem! That's neat...

PAGE 22

Guy looks creepy. Could this be the man with a leaf fetish?

PAGE 24

Never mind, totally this guy and... Oh, in the name of Posidian, check out those eyebrows!

PAGE 25

Woah, are they... Are they selling these female droids on sex? For those lonely nights...?

PAGE 28-30

This is the most beautiful f*cking landscape I've ever seen! I'd love to have a house there! And now I feel like putting on some Cara Mia...

PAGE 35

Odin is badass. Get the f*ck out of my house!

PAGE 36

Oh, new suit! I like variation.

PAGE 37

Don't ask me why, but for some reason I suspect that Vertighel may be a little nutty. I have no idea why I would ever think that.

PAGE 40

Why work for the Organization if they don't pay you? Do you get like cool benefits out of your membership? Or is it really hard to get access to time traveling that you need someone to provide it for you? And why would you ever help a guy complete his goal of sending all droids to the scrapyard? Answer me, Duckstique!

PAGE 43-45

Woah, Donald leveled up in badassness! But unfortunately, he spent all his new skill points on Hamocking...

PAGE 46

So I'm guessing that Photomas is the messiah cause God is shining a light directly on him.

PAGE 47

Oh, more villains! Politicians, always gotta be buttholes...

PAGE 48-49

Alright, Donald is now officially the new Batman! Photomas isn't doing too bad in the awesome department either...

PAGE 50

So... I guess this counts as Lyla being naked, huh...
Robo tits!

PAGE 54

Oh, it's apparently time for our final confrontation after beating the actual villains of this story. This should be interesting...

PAGE 55

Silly Donald. What do you think this is, a comic book?

PAGE 56

"Look around you! The world is mine! I've created the image of the future!"
"... all I see are a bunch of female droids in their underwear making sexual poses."
"I know! It's awesome!"

PAGE 57

Oh, poor guy only wanted a girlfriend... made of metal. I guess I can understand, I mean real people, they... only betray you... they're... untrustworthy...

PAGE 59

Okay, I can sympathize with this guy. Not that whole robot fetish thing, but that one feeling... That nothing can ever fill your emptiness. And that the world used to have more flavors. I really get where you're coming from, bro. High five.

PAGE 60

And this moment will forever be burned into my brain. He, burned...

PAGE 63

No trace of Vertighel? Oh well, I'm sure we'll see him again in the future... I'll just wait for him, like I'm waiting for several others... yeah...

PAGE 64

"sniff"

PAGE 65

Photomas gets all the women. From here on out, I'm calling him Eugene Bitches Photomas.

PAGE 66

So, that's the end, then. Well, I guess this was okay...
Who am I kidding! AWZUM!11!!1!!!1!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: Comment While Reading   Comment While Reading I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:43 pm

You're mad. XD
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: Comment While Reading   Comment While Reading I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Lyla wrote:
You're mad. XD

I'M NOT CRAZY! I'LL KILL ANYONE WHO SAYS I AM!
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: Comment While Reading   Comment While Reading I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:54 pm

Now look what you did! You made the admin mad... Wink
Back to top Go down
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: Comment While Reading   Comment While Reading I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:58 pm

Photomas gets all the women. From here on out, I'm calling him Eugene Bitches Photomas.

Sorry, but I just can call mad a comment like that! XD
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: Comment While Reading   Comment While Reading I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:10 am

That's what bothers you? Personally I'm more disturbed by comments like this:

Banker wrote:
PAGE 50

So... I guess this counts as Lyla being naked, huh...
Robo tits!

To me, that particular panel was a rather disturbing reminder of the fact that Lyla is not a biological life form. She acts so... human like and looks so alive that sometime I almost forget it. Truthfully, I'm not a fan of robots/AI's that act too much like living beings. It's just... creepy. Maybe it's something akin to the uncanny valley. :/ Still, I like the droids in PKNA, they usually manage to somehow... dodge... that something that usually makes them creepy to me.
Back to top Go down
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: Comment While Reading   Comment While Reading I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Krozam wrote:
That's what bothers you?
Oh, well, I just took one of the many things I could took to comment like that. XD

Krozam wrote:
To me, that particular panel was a rather disturbing reminder of the fact that Lyla is not a biological life form. She acts so... human like and looks so alive that sometime I almost forget it. Truthfully, I'm not a fan of robots/AI's that act too much like living beings. It's just... creepy. Maybe it's something akin to the uncanny valley. :/ Still, I like the droids in PKNA, they usually manage to somehow... dodge... that something that usually makes them creepy to me.
Why do you find it so creepy?
I guess they're just taste... but I find this theme so deep. Smile

Anyway, even if you try to convince yourself that Lyla is flesh and bones, you'll just never totally say she is: that's because her personality is severely limited by the programming. And autors always care about that fact.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: Comment While Reading   Comment While Reading I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 10:29 pm

Ah, but don't forget that what makes Lyla so special is that she goes beyond her programming. She's unique even among her own model, she's more... independent. It was proved once again in Fragments of Autumn: she's the only one on whom the biochip worked at least partially as Vertighel hoped.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: Comment While Reading   Comment While Reading I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Now, I might have read Nothing Personal like... 10 years ago, but I still feel that there are things I need to comment on.

PAGE 5

You know, looking at some elections, it really isn't shocking to see Angus in a position like this.

PAGE 7

I can just imagine Angus taking on PK in a fistfight. Then finishing off with an uppercut combo that knocks off PK's head 20 feet into the air. Just imagine...

PAGE 8

Huh. Guess you should have taken a left step.

PAGE 9

Kid, what the hell were you even doing in the building?

PAGE 10

Ducklair Tower got destroyed and never rebuilt. Wonder if Everett is still at the monastery and doesn't know anything about this. How would he react if he returned...

Comment While Reading Pkna76

Yeah.

PAGE 13

"Laying banana peels in front of my path when you're so far behind me. How clever..."

PAGE 14

Well, if Donald's attacking these people because they discovered his hideout, I'm willing to bet that he was gonna kill them with his bare hands so that they'd never tell anyone...

And here's bonus story character coming into main story. How very mindblowing.

PAGE 16

Jeez, Trip. You're gonna be ugly when you grow up.

PAGE 17

Oh, they forgot to mention that he also traveled back in time to have Sherlock Holmes figure out who PK was.

PAGE 18

Griffon, why do you have pictures of Donald getting (un)dressed? Dude...

PAGE 19

This is just like playing Hitman. I try to cooperate and explain myself to the authorities, but they keep filling my body with bullets.

PAGE 20

Alright, I'll admit, I get emotional now. Guy's lost everything and... yeah!

But seriously Donald! Rosto might not have been living underground for as long as you, but I'm sure he'd understand! Should invite him over and have a beer.

PAGE 21

Wait, did you motherf*ckers just kill Lyla Lay? I'm coming for your sorry asses!

PAGE 22

"So why can't you just stop Raider from going to--"
"SHUT UP! I DON'T HAVE AN EXPLANATION!"

PAGE 24

And so starts our buddy film. Rated PG-13.

PAGE 26

Oh, looks like sh*t's gettin-- OH!

He has risen, he has risen,
He has risen, Newton is alive.

PAGE 27

Kid, I saw how many bananas there were. Who eats that much?

Comment While Reading Utennavn-5

PAGE 28

High protein? Well, pizza is a vegetable now...

PAGE 29

Aw, now it gets awkward...

PAGE 30

"I want to be like my dad when I grow up."
"You mean dead?"
"Shocked"

PAGE 33

I was expecting some "Marry me!", "Have my children!", and even some pantie throwing...

PAGE 35

"Ah, I can't wait to get my hands on-- Holy crap, check out dat die!"

PAGE 37

Now that's just cold, Donald! Newton's tie once saved you and everything else that ever existed!

PAGE 38

Why did you keep the X-Transformer in a box somewhere? You should know by now that stuff like this always happens.

PAGE 39

Well... I'd probably act like a jerk too if I ever meet my younger self WHO I HATE!

PAGE 41

So Newton's upper body got eaten by the Duckmobile's engine, ye it's his lower body that got torn up. M'kay...

PAGE 42

Referring to yourself as "something". What? Do you have no self-respect?

PAGE 43

"Yeah, this is pretty much all your fault, kid! In fact, everything would probably go back to normal if I just killed you here and now..."

PAGE 44

I'll take it that only three people are shouting "FANGUS!", while everyone else is wondering where the toilet is.

PAGE 46

"In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the United States will be reorganized into the First Duckburgian Empire, for a safe and secure society!"

PAGE 48

I'm surprised the PBI let's Zigfried keep that haircut.

PAGE 49

Of course, every droidified artificial intelligence needs a beard.

And I totally recognized that it was two from the beginning.

Cause I'm smart and stuff...

PAGE 52

No no no no no it's a trap!

PAGE 53

Told you, idiot.

PAGE 54

Yay, time for Newton to spring into action and...

Well, that was quick.

PAGE 55

Ah, I can make at least three Star Wars references on this page. Can you?

PAGE 56

So, in addition to everything else he's done, Griffon also somehow managed to STEAL One. Damn, this guy has accompliched so much more than any other villain.

PAGE 58

Favorite page. PK really had him by the balls there.

PAGE 59

So, you've been enjoying the show all this time, eh? You could probably have appeared whenever you wanted...

PAGE 60

Stop hitting yourself. He he he...

PAGE 61

"This issue might as well have not existed. But hey, it was awesome!"

PAGE 63

And so The Day That Will Come became The Day That Will Never Be.

PAGE 65

"Now listen to me, son! You're gonna be an accountant when you grow up!"

PAGE 66

And that's the end of it. I could always point out the plotholes related to time, but meh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comment While Reading   Comment While Reading I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comment While Reading
Page 1 of 1