Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Adventure on the Himalayas?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Krozam

Krozam

An Adventure on the Himalayas? Empty
PostSubject: An Adventure on the Himalayas?   An Adventure on the Himalayas? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:52 pm

I trust we all know the case of the Mantis: the red-haired droid from Fragments of Autumn, whom PK apparently has met before in an adventure that we, the readers, never got? Good. I have another case for you that seems awfully similar.

I'll try not to spoil much. In issue #38, PK mentions that he once learned on the Himalayas to avoid... certain kind of stares. He also says that he knows where Everett is hiding and that Everett had asked him to keep it a secret. Now, I always assumed that he was referring to an untranslated adventure where PK ended up on the Himalayas and met Everett... but there's been no such story. That's a heavy disappointment, I was really looking forward to it. Sad

My question to those who've read the whole series: do any of the future issues shed any light on the matter?
Back to top Go down
Asparagus32

Asparagus32

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure on the Himalayas?   An Adventure on the Himalayas? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:24 pm

You'd rather have to look to the past Smile

It happened in the 1997 special issue "Missing", for which the download link at the Duck Avenger Blogspot seems to be broken. I'm sure Banker knows the right link.

This finally proves this issue is meant to be canon even though the Raider episode makes no sense (time wise he should be in a semi-oszillating state from his altronave incident, though he acts like it never happened).
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure on the Himalayas?   An Adventure on the Himalayas? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Asparagus32 wrote:

It happened in the 1997 special issue "Missing", for which the download link at the Duck Avenger Blogspot seems to be broken. I'm sure Banker knows the right link.

The correct download link should be in the thread for the issue.

Asparagus32 wrote:

This finally proves this issue is meant to be canon even though the Raider episode makes no sense (time wise he should be in a semi-oszillating state from his altronave incident, though he acts like it never happened).

God, I have given this so much damn thought.

Can't happen happen before Cold Sun, Lyla's story states that it takes place after it.

Can't happen between Cold Sun and Carpe Diem, because of what you just said.

Can't happen between Carpe Diem and The Day That Will Come, time cops think they've always had him imprisoned up until his reappearance.

And after that, it's way too far in the timeline for the issue to be taking place.

Agh!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure on the Himalayas?   An Adventure on the Himalayas? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:19 pm

The PK-Team often make errors. Just don't think too much about it. XD
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure on the Himalayas?   An Adventure on the Himalayas? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:21 pm

Unless it's a younger version of Raider...

Though arresting him would certainly f*ck up history.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Maximillion_Pegasus

Maximillion_Pegasus

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure on the Himalayas?   An Adventure on the Himalayas? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:54 am

Lyla wrote:
Quite true. One must force himself to ignore those two or three huge plotholes.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure on the Himalayas?   An Adventure on the Himalayas? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 4:47 pm

...Oh. I had to go re-read that special. No wonder I forgot, it's just one page in an extremely fragmented and weak quality story. -.-' Still no explanation for how exactly he learned to protect himself from mental attacks. A disappointment all the same. Sad
Back to top Go down
Asparagus32

Asparagus32

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure on the Himalayas?   An Adventure on the Himalayas? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Yeah, there wasn't not much of an explanation. But if Donald was able to learn how to levitate in a couple of days, he could very well also have learned how to protect himself from mental attacks. *shrug*

Quote :
Unless it's a younger version of Raider...

Though arresting him would certainly f*ck up history.
It get's even better; Since the course of history was changed in "The day of the cold sun", a younger Raider would have wound up in the original timeline, so him being a younger version in this timeline would be a paradox by itself.

Quote :
You're right, I'll shut up now . tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure on the Himalayas?   An Adventure on the Himalayas? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Adventure on the Himalayas?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duck Avenger Forum :: Discussions :: General PKNA Discussion-
Jump to: