Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PK2 General Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Krozam

Krozam

PK2 General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: PK2 General Discussion   PK2 General Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:39 pm

I figured I'd start a general topic for discussion on the new series - not that I expect much discussion, given that the forum seems pretty abandoned. I could post in the blog, but then I'd have to be careful about spoilers. You can read my thoughts on the first 7 issues here: https://duckavenger.forumotion.com/t40-pk2-1-ducklair

Now, regarding #8: FINALLY, an end to that annoying fake love triangle. Rupert was pretty cool, too. I don't exactly know why, but for some reason I felt like this issue had a bit more of the old charm than the others. Maybe it's in part because of the art, I think this artist has done some of my favourite issues from the first series, though I haven't really paid attention to the names. Also, I really like detective Spader, and hope he wasn't just a one-issue character.

Oh, and the special was kinda funny.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK2 General Discussion   PK2 General Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:25 pm

Fitzroy is a motherfucking cocksucking shithead asshole piece of crap.

I love him!

The worst part about #8 is that... I feel cheated out of a scene where Tempest Gale and Stella Nice are pillow fighting. Now that would have sold the issue!

Krozam wrote:
Also, I really like detective Spader, and hope he wasn't just a one-issue character.

Eh, seeing as Comicvine doesn't list the guy, I doubt we'll see him again. Then again, the site didn't include Hobey Robson who appeared in 3 issues, so eh...

Though one thing to note about one time appearing characters...

Spoiler:

That's like the previews of the next issues, kinda being this movie poster style thing.

The cast of characters listed is always the same, and I just find it hilarious how Tyrrel Duckard is one of those people, even though I''m 99.99999% sure we'll never see the guy again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK2 General Discussion   PK2 General Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:15 am

Banker wrote:
The worst part about #8 is that... I feel cheated out of a scene where Tempest Gale and Stella Nice are pillow fighting. Now that would have sold the issue!
Lol! Laughing

Who was Tyrrel Duckard again? <.< And who's Mortimer Bloom, for that matter?
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK2 General Discussion   PK2 General Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 am

Krozam wrote:
Who was Tyrrel Duckard again? <.< And who's Mortimer Bloom, for that matter?

Tyrrel is Lyla's roboyfriend (I still find that to be fucking surreal) and Mortimer is essentially Donald's boss.
Back to top Go down
Evronian1138

PostSubject: Re: PK2 General Discussion   PK2 General Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:27 pm

That relationship between Tyrell and Lyla reminds me a of Blade Runner, robots with such advanced AI that they don't even consider themselves as non-human.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK2 General Discussion   PK2 General Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:35 pm

Oh. Right. Those guys.

What makes you so sure we'll never see Duckard again? I think there's a fair chance of that, even if nothing in particular indicates that he'll return. I think he might even be an ally the next time. At least I hope so. There's a fair amount of potential in the character, it'd be a waste not to use him again and probe his personality a bit more. Plus, they really should explain away the plothole of him remaining operational even though his energy supply is supposed to be cut. <.<

Blade Runner... I still don't understand why that movie is so highly rated. It was okay, but a bit boring IMO. Forgettable enough that I don't remember much about it even though it's only been a few years since I watched it.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK2 General Discussion   PK2 General Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:42 pm

With all those forgotten characters and unexplained plotshit, I'm really doubting it.

Also, about the next issue...

Actually taking place outside of Duckburg for once.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK2 General Discussion   PK2 General Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:53 pm

About time for a change of scenery. I was getting tired of Duckmall. >.<
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK2 General Discussion   PK2 General Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 9:46 pm

Krozam wrote:
I was getting tired of Duckmall. >.<

Oh you. There's still scenes with Duckmall Wink

Another observation: Has Angus stopped using his signature laugh? That's... odd.

EDIT:

Never mind! Just as I was translating #9, he suddenly started doing it again. Well, that's a relief. And he already did it once in "Just a Little Fear", I now see.

... well, he doesn't do it often enough.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK2 General Discussion   PK2 General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 1:54 am

Issue #9: Awesome! This truly felt like the good old times. It was light and entertaining, Everett was actually likeable for a change, and the focus was mostly on characters familiar from the first series. The dialogue was even more hilarious than usually. Loved every page of it. Of course, it was comparatively shallow, but that's fine. At least it advanced the main plot. And the change of scenery was definitely a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK2 General Discussion   PK2 General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Gotta love how innocent Juniper acts about almost killing someone. Tee hee.

I'm concerned about Tempest's growth spurt, though. She still way taller than Donald in #10. It's weird! Seems like her height is gonna be as inconsistent as that of Mary Ann Flagstarr...

I miss that character too. Unlike others, there's really no reason for her to not be around anymore. 15 year mission, pfft...

And apparently, this is all we're going to see of her brother.

Spoiler:

It's sad when Mary Ann Bringethorn has more panel time. And nobody knows who that is!

Finally, great troll face here.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK2 General Discussion   PK2 General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:30 pm

Hey, guess what? Spader's not a one-issue character after all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PK2 General Discussion   PK2 General Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PK2 General Discussion
Page 1 of 1