Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The stars are right!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Blotling

Mr Blotling

The stars are right! Empty
PostSubject: The stars are right!   The stars are right! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 11:11 pm

Yes, I'm finally finished with that bloody last part of "Paperinik alla riscossa" and thus the time has come for me to unveil my next project! This will be the first in a series of planned stories (currently 4) that stands out for some reason or just simply is close to me in one way or another.

I bet you're all excited as fuck, aren't ya?

Boom, bitches!

Yes! I, the otherwise so incredibly slow translator, will do the bloody Zodiac story! This story consists of no less than 12 parts, each for every sign in the Zodiac and is a whopping 347 pages long! It's so massive, that when printed in the pocket books up here in the north, it had to be split on two volumes, something that's never done (well, until recently with a DoubleDuck story that was split into four volumes, which was more for creating incentive to buy next volume).

In this story, written by Bruno Sarda, drawn by Franco Valussi and Massimo De Vita and published in Topolino 1780-1791 we'll follow a grand cast of characters from both the Duck universe and the Mouse universe on a huge treasure hunt for twelve pieces of an ancient artifact said to give it's user the ability to see into the future. There will be time travels, aliens, magic and maybe even an appearance by a certain masked duck.

Originally, I planned to do this by releasing one chapter per month, following each of the signs in the Zodiac. Then I realized that the story doesn't follow the specific order of the signs in the Zodiac so that pretty much lost it's purpose. Another plan was to do it daily over the course of 2013 but then I realized the story was 347 pages and not 360 which I had assumed (30 pages per chapter) so that fell out a bit too but still remains a possibility as I still plan to do this over the coming year. My plan was also to try and do some of those other stories I have planned whenever I get time and this might still be done as I'd prefer to do more than one story next year. Suggestions are certainly welcome.

This brings me to another thing I wanted to bring up. Now, this isn't to be seen as some negativity or criticism against anyone, but personally I feel that since this project falls a bit outside of what this forum and the blog is mainly about which, of course, is Duck Avenger related stuff. Hence, I'm planning to at least start up a new blog dedicated to Disney translations in general rather than something so specific. This is something that I would like everyone to take part of, in whatever way one feels like. So, thoughts, feelings and criticism are all welcome.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: The stars are right!   The stars are right! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 11:51 pm

Cool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: The stars are right!   The stars are right! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:55 am

Sounds interesting. I'll take part - at least as a reader, if nothing else. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Yoshi

Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: The stars are right!   The stars are right! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 11:05 am

I still think the story is fitting for a Duck Avenger website, because this story includes the Duck Avenger. It was released here in Germany, too, by the way, in LTB 156/157, so any German-speaking person that wants to read this massive story can already do so Smile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaming-universe.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The stars are right!   The stars are right! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The stars are right!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duck Avenger Forum :: Miscellaneous :: Random Discussions-
Jump to: