Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PK New Era Discussion

Go down 
+18
Krozam
DuckCat
Celestis
ankokudaishogun
BubbleDaff
donald57
Viroro
Gianan
Odin Eidolon
megasupermoon
Eccentric
LauraBlue
gkaiser
MurraySwe
savagedeacon
Evronian1138
Yoshi
Lyla
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Eccentric

Eccentric

PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 5:45 am

Ugh, why do these things have to update every month and not ever like, week, or something, like manga.
Back to top Go down
http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:39 pm

Topolino's a weekly magazine.

The new one with the next part of the story should have been released.

http://pkhack.altervista.org/potere-potenza-ep-2-topolino-3059/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 5:29 pm

Issue two:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gianan

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 5:45 pm

Maybe you should put that in spoiler?  Anyway I've just read it and whoa it's even better than the first part affraid 
But I suggest you not to look at the drawings before it gets translated, you lose all the surprise effect...

Btw what did/will you vote?  http://www.topolino.it/sondaggi-holder/sondaggio-pk/  Saving the tower is winning easily of course, but still... I hope it gets destroyed because Artibani said that "it opens many interesting narrative roads" (I don't know if it makes sense in English Razz) , so I must trust him

ps  PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 10254037_10204240389392519_7945919702156449839_n
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 5:50 pm

Well if the tower goes down itll make a whole other alternate universe since in the beginning the tower had to be torn down because it got too old

But I cant really say anything since I have no translations but can guess that Pk is still in the alternate universe? So really, if the tower goes down in that universe prematurely then I suppose it'll be alright.
Back to top Go down
Gianan

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:33 pm

Quote :
Well if the tower goes down itll make a whole other alternate universe since in the beginning the tower had to be torn down because it got too old

But I cant really say anything since I have no translations but can guess that Pk is still in the alternate universe? So really, if the tower goes down in that universe prematurely then I suppose it'll be alright.

Ah right you don't know the story, silly me.

Anyway no, it isn't for the alternate future (not really alternate...), it's for the present!
It will happen (or not) in the 4th and last episode, so it's quite important because it will determine all the stories they are going to write
Back to top Go down
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 6:27 pm

Banker, of coooourse you can share it! Sorry for the very late answer, I was in vacation Razz
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 6:44 pm

He he he, then I'll do just that!

Lyla's translation down below.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 6:54 pm

potere e potenza could be translated with power and strenght or power and might
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 8:24 pm

Scans for the second part are up.

http://avaxhm.com/comics/topolino_3059.html
Back to top Go down
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:37 pm

"Potere e Potenza" chapter 2: the reboot of a certain character tries to turn Donald into a EXXXXTREME!EDGY!90sMarvel!GRIMDARK!Anti-Hero, but Pikappa doesn't let him.
He keeps the upgrades, though, at least for now.
Back to top Go down
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:26 am

I kind of nosebleeded at this second issue.

Heavy breathing.
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 10:54 pm

That new outfit. :') I approve of this.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:23 am

This is so glorious.
Back to top Go down
Viroro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Hello, everyone! I'm writing here first since I didn't knew where to introduce myself, but I thought starting from here was a good point XD

I'm an Italian fan of our PK/Duck Avengers since some years (not really a fan from the beginning, but I've recovered most of the series, and I'm working up my way from the beginning recently). So far, I'm following Might and Power, and besides some slight nuissance over the whole save/disintegrate the DT discussion (more on how it was conducted than actual interest for the tower's fate: as much as I like the old status quo, having it destroyed would be a really nice twist, and a way to close forever the idea of a full return to PKNA's status quo, unlike how most mainstream comics tend to work), I'm loving those first two episodes of this story: PK feels exactly like it did years ago, and Artibani didn't lose his touch as far as stories are concerned, and the same goes to Pastrovicchio. I'm really curious to see how the rest of the story will go from here, but I'm quite sure it won't disappoint!
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 8:52 pm

Well dudes, I voted for destroying the tower though I'm all for preserving it too. I guess really I want to see what the writers have in store for us, if they are so positive we won't regret the decision then I say let's see hoe this thing go. And remember, there are alternate universes at our hands to use and what not in case tbings turn out bad.

I just hope One stays safe since HE IS the tower

Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Welcome to the forum, Viroro. These are good days to be a PKer.
Back to top Go down
Viroro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Thanks XD And yeah, it definitely is a good time, after so many years of wait!

@Eccentric: One is still, first and foremost, an artificial intelligence: he already left the Tower in some occasions (Shadows on Venus, for one), and in O.G.R.E. (during the third series, even if it wasn't the same One) he has shown that he can divide himself on various Calisotan computers to preserve his self in case of assault on the Ducklair Tower, so, I think One's safety is quite likely, even if the DT will be no more. I assume we will see One again at some point, though, but it could be as soon as towards the end of this storyline, to as late as a dozen stories in this new cycle. We can just wait and see at this point.
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 1:20 am

Ah, your right, Viroro. I suppose our only worry is One NOT coming back and the lost of what truly make PK its awesome self.

Also, welcome to the forums! Though we're not as active as the Italian forums. Its nice little place to discuss and fangirl/fanboy over.
Back to top Go down
Viroro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 9:47 am

Thanks XD And, no worries: sometimes a quieter place is the best place to go, given that this whole votation thing has set 90% of the italian PK forums litterally ablaze XD

I'm personally clamoring for One to return in some form. Even if I liked PK^2 overall, I think he was also a big part of the identity of the original series, and one of the characters that deserve to return the most (the other being Lyla, I never liked how she pretty nuch disappeared from existence as far as the story was concerned after the flashback in The Burden of Memories...). Someone on the Papersera forum actually suggested the idea that this could lead to a One forced to be kept in an hardware that doesn't allow him to express his full potential, leading to a more limited and struggling One, an idea I think would be pretty interesting to see.

Speaking of which, Artibani hinted in a recent event in Italy that if the 'disintegration' bit wins the Tower will 'leave the scene', but on the topic of it exploding or not, they said 'we're banal but not that much'. Whatever will happen, we don't have to take the 'disintegration' bit litterally, even if we will surelly understand what he meant in two weeks.

EDIT: By the way, the site was recently linked on the facebook page of PK. I'd link the page but I'm not allowed to do so yet, so just look for PIKAPPAOfficial if you want to see!
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:57 pm

What I really liked about PK2 was how our hero was put in a more vulnerable position by being without most of his allies. But yeah, I do wonder where the hell Lyla went after her short appearance in "Blackout".

Also, a spoiler image for the third part has surfaced. View at own risk.

http://ow.ly/i/6dUYb/original

I'm just glad that old characters keep popping up. But on that topic, when the hell's Lyla gonna show up already? Youse savin' the best for last or sumthing?
Back to top Go down
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 5:34 pm

So, who wanted the DT destroyed just won. The fuzz people is doing about it right now in the official page is hilarious and amazing (by which I mean: people is arguing and there's some kind of caos). This fandom is so alive again.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Well, let's hope the Channel 00 guys evacuate the building in time.

Or we may have sentenced Angus to death.
Back to top Go down
Viroro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:05 pm

It's Angus. You can't kill him even if you try XD Even in the killfest that was the last issue of PK - Pikappa, he's the only character besides Donald to actually survive in the new reality. You've got to give credit for the journalist's survival skills.

Now though everyone will complain, will want the status quo of PKNA back completely, and say the decision was crap to begin with. But in the end, this only means that the event will be that more powerful to witness when it will actually happen XD

About PK^2, I've to agree: the new situation PK found himself in so suddently was pretty nice to see, as was to see him live in a world definitely more hostile towards him and his actions (just for the sake of example, the introduction of Malice Sturling is proof enough of it, replacing the friendly and supportive Mary Ann Flaggstarr (which, by the way, I want to see back as soon as possible: after all, in the year 2001 she departed for that fifteen years long mission, so... nobody can stop her from returning in 2016, right?)). I also think that Ducklair is a story that destroys the status quo in an almost perfect manner, everything in it feels perfectly organic and well-done (I like especially how Everett isn't painted as a clear cut bad guy from the get-go in that story, and the way his and Donald's relationship deteriorates after his return is pretty believable). and I also loved the insight into Everett and his daughters, and the fact that the story tried to build up a more serialized story with a myth arc, instead of several standalone stories which fit into a comparatively looser continuity (even if there were instances were the main plot took a backseat far too much, and the conclusion was pretty hasty and rushed, alongside some forgotten plot points. I wanted to see more of Tyrell Duckard...). Artibani recently said at an event that in the future he plans to recover the Everett plotline once the time is right after focusing on PK's new adventures for a bit first, and honestly, I can't wait to see how he plans to actually give a conclusion to PK^2's arc XD
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:25 pm

Man, the ending to Pikappa was such a clusterf*ck. It basically screamed "rebooting was a bad idea!"

My biggest worry when this new series started was that they were gonna ignore PK2 altogether and do some reset bullsh*t with time travel. Now, I really do love the second series, but I do know it generally wasn't as well received by readers.

Now then, there has so far been a reference to Everett Ducklair leaving for Corona with the ship on top of the tower, but still, anything can happen. Is there any guarantee our hero will stay in the time he currently finds himself in?

I do wanna see the characters from PK2 again. Especially the Starcorp people. I love those guys. And especially the girl. You all know how much. Ehem.

I also hope they get more into his retirement. I wanna know why he stopped being Paperinik. There was no indication of him retiring at the end of PK2. Well, still early on, guess I'll have to wait and see.

He he he, and yeah, it's funny how Tyrell was only used for one single story when the previews indicated he'd have a bigger part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PK New Era Discussion
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next