Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PK New Era Discussion

Go down 
+18
Krozam
DuckCat
Celestis
ankokudaishogun
BubbleDaff
donald57
Viroro
Gianan
Odin Eidolon
megasupermoon
Eccentric
LauraBlue
gkaiser
MurraySwe
savagedeacon
Evronian1138
Yoshi
Lyla
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Eccentric

Eccentric

PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Oh man PK2 was great in my eyes, though the ending came waaay to fast! I adored how more "down to Earth" it was with the personal problems of everyone -- especially the ducklairs since they're celebrities pretty much and so Everett was put on blast in the media.

Back to top Go down
http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
Viroro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:19 pm

Tempest has lots of potential and I love her too XD She seriously deserves to be seen again. Another character worth revisiting would be Lyo, as well (one of the few merits Pikappa has for me is that it actually allowed for more appearences by Lyo, plus besides being slightly friendlier he didn't changed as dramatically as some other characters. Plus, A Long Farewell).

I'm all for the camp that 'The End?' was a giant hate letter to the reboot, since I've heard the writers also hated it as much as the readers. How else do you explain a storyline where the climax doesn't involve not only the universe, but even the TITLE CHARACTER of the series until then? If I still were following the series at that point, I would've felt pretty cheated on by that cop out.

To be fair, the premise of an 'Ultimate PK' could've even been good on paper, but the execution was beyond bad. And even as a (slight) defender of the reboot while recognizing its poor quality overall, no one can deny it barely TRIED to be what an Ultimate book should be in the first place, besides rewriting completely characters so much, they barely were the same character. And let's not get on the fact that Kronin was a very poor replacement for the Raider, which was played more for laughs than seriousness and treated with no respect at all, and even had an insulting introduction and an insulting ending. But well, at least that parenthesis is forever closed now XD
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:38 pm

I'm not gonna totally regret the reboot, as even that has plenty of stories I really like. Robophobia, I Senzanome, I Cacciatori etc.

Another big problem was the lack of new characters to add to the cast. PK2 gave us like 10 new ones that made frequent appearances. There may be some in the reboot, but you can't really care about most of them. The guardians of the galaxy, nope. Those two time cops, forget them! Megawatt? HA HA HA! The only new guy I had any sort of interest in was recurring villain Vulnus Vendor.

Um, kay, let's stay more on topic regarding the new series. And with that I'll add that I wouldn't mind seeing them bring in that mad scientist in the new series. Like, don't let the reboot go to complete waste and use some positive elements of it.

By the way, with all the time that's passed, and Donald having given up being a superhero, you think there's a chance he dumped Daisy?

No? Eh, yeah...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Viroro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:57 pm

The fun fact is that Volkin and Roknar (and even the other dozen or so of nondescript Guardians) could've even been interesting characters if they bothered actually try to expand on them (and even then, I actually am probably the only person in the universe that likes Volkin XD I find his design fun to look at in a good way).

I'd honestly not dislike to see Vendor in the canon 'verse either. Early Vendor was a pretty interesting fellow before they derailed his character to a more mad scientist vibe, plus, the fact that he was Lyo's very own nemesis helped making him more relevant even while having to share the spotlight as the hero's sidekick with One. I doubt Artibani will be the one to recover him if it will happen, though: he never had any involvement with Pikappa, and he doesn't seem to like the idea of alternate universe series, as he already went on record to say that, for him, PK Universe and the new PK series shouldn't intersect directly least make matters too confusing.

That said, I close the OT, I apologize if I brought it in XD The preview page of the last episode of Might and Power has already been posted on the web, it's only a matter of time before the third episode (and the Topolino issue, for me) actually come out XD

Eh, sadly I doubt Daisy can be dumped due to canon status quo (even if they did made them have actual relationship issues and a brief breakup in Ultraheroes... all solved at the end of the story, but still). Though, I think that at least forbids Donald to have proper love interests in the series, and makes the female characters shine accordingly. Which isn't that bad of a side-effect. That definitely didn't stop them from having Juniper declare she loves PK, though.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 9:05 pm

I'll just stick to pairing like a fanboy, he he he Razz

"Potere e potenze" is a very tasty treat so far. Gonna get right on translating when all four parts are released. Screw Pikappa, this will have priority for me now.
Back to top Go down
Viroro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 9:11 pm

You do well XD Better give the canon priority, and save the AU for the drought periods. It's pretty clear that for the time being, PK will have some episodes from time to time after Might and Power, kinda like DD. Also, I doubt you'd need it, but if there's any problem with the translation, I can try to be of help XD

Also about the retirement, Artibani's idea is that after PK^2, Donald returned to be classic Paperinik, and the agent DoubleDuck, so he stopped dealing with world-shattering crisis and focus on 'smaller' problems. Which honestly don't mesh that well as an idea (I doubt Donald would return to be classic Paperinik at all for one, and if I'm not wrong he did fill with concrete his old, classic Paperinik hideout in one of the earliest issues of PK^2, and while maybe he can coexist with DoubleDuck and I saw it as some sort of spiritual successor of PK, I think it's pretty weird to see Donald be both a superhero and a secret agent. Even if there's Belgravia tying the two continuities together, and Donald did mention to be Paperinik in a DD issue. Plus, a recent 'choose your own adventure' story with Donald had him turn into Paperinik for one branch, and have Kay K get involved in another one... ah, the issues of Disney continuity) but well... it's his vision.
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 10:48 pm

It's good to have the PkTeam back
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 11:44 pm

Well, let's hope the new PK will get it's own magazine over time.

And let's hope that for the destruction of the tower, we'll get a small emotional moment.

emotional because Angus will probably watch all his co-workers get disintegrated as he conveniently leaves the tower

lol joking
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 3:40 am

Banker wrote:
"Potere e potenze" is a very tasty treat so far. Gonna get right on translating when all four parts are released. Screw Pikappa, this will have priority for me now.
Hail Banker! cheers 

As excited as I am, I'm going to restrain myself from looking at any spoilers, or even Lyla's translation script. I'll wait for Banker's release.

Still haven't read Pikappa. Might never read it, though I've DL'ed all the available issues. As for the original PKNA and PK2, both of them are great in their own way. I personally slightly prefer the original series, its lighter mood and humour, over PK2. I felt like PK2 lost some of the unique charm and masterful style from the first series, and while it does some things better, I just didn't enjoy it quite as much.
Back to top Go down
Viroro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 5:58 am

Yeah, I can see how PK^2 is pretty divisive. I still say, liking PK^2 is a bit of an acquired taste and accepting the changes, while you can like PKNA more easily by comparison.

And... don't worry, you're not missing anything important by skipping Pikappa. 90% of the italian fandom wishes to be able to do the same thing. XD

Speaking of which, according to spoilers there seem to be some interesting things going on in the third episode...
Spoiler:

Reception of the issue so far seems to have been pretty positive, as is for Might and Power itself. If there was no 'save the Ducklair Tower' poll controversy, I think nobody would have anything major to complain of, even if some can let it slide (I just hope this never happens again. It's better to avoid to break the base so much, even if I feel like this got way too overblown even if we admit it was handled very poorly...)
Back to top Go down
Yoshi

Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 12:34 pm

Wasn't this a poll to decide whether PK activates the self-destruct mechanism, not over whether Ducklair Tower gets blown up or not? PK may decide to blow up the Ducklair Tower, but it still does not blow up (maybe One returns to stop that?) or he decides to not blow up the tower, but it blows up because of different reasons anyway?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaming-universe.de
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 7:54 pm

They seemed literal about the destruction of the tower being the buttonpress.

Also, scans for the third part are not up yet, but we already have a spoiler image for the fourth one.

https://2img.net/h/oi62.tinypic.com/2ezqmx5.jpg

This should ease some worries.
Back to top Go down
Viroro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 8:11 pm

Spoiler:

Now let's wait and see what will bring down the Tower, and how... if it's not the buttonpress, of course.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 2:03 am

Oh wow the spoilers. Holy holy holy.

http://pkhack.altervista.org/potere-potenza-ep-3-topolino-3060/

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Viroro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:20 am

Read the issue. Oh boy, things are getting heated up for the climax.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 2:44 pm

A page test

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10301184_10152636041027650_9000696007841741758_n.jpg?oh=7e6f3f7f7039c56eb3f362d120762deb&oe=5442A90A&__gda__=1413417244_a9fd92d85603644a7d3c57077dde2320
Back to top Go down
Mr Blotling

Mr Blotling

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Can't wait to get to read all of this, I'm trying to keep myself somewhat spoiler free, especially how things seem to really start to heat up.

And yes, I wasn't expecting them to do an actual destruction of the actual tower, let alone the option actually winning. But it should be for the better, this series should just not be all going back to the same status quo but be evolving as PKNA always have been. However, as much of a publicity stunt the poll might have been, it's really a thing you shouldn't do since I feel it takes away parts of the integrity on the part of the authors. Do your *own* story and not what the popular vote mandates. Especially if you're just gonna goad people into voting on whatever you want to do yourself in the end anyways.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 11:24 pm

The way I see it, it was probably someone else's idea that they should prepare two different scenarios and ask the readers which they would prefer. This writer guy had his own opinion of how the story should progress, and he made it clear. That's how it looks to me, not a conscious strategy but a conflict of opinions within the production team. Not sure whether that is good or bad, but I'll trust the writer guy to know what he's doing with the story, particularly since he got what he wanted.
Back to top Go down
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Most likely, the authors were unsure if destroy or not the tower and thought of asking the readers.

the old PKNA was very interactive, after all.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 7:58 pm

That's another option. They wanted to destroy the tower, but were unsure if such a radical departure from the status quo would create a powerful counter-reaction from the fanbase.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 11:18 pm

Well, no scans yet for the third part...

But here's a bunch of spoilers for the fourth part that will make you crap your undies.

http://pkhack.altervista.org/potere-potenza-ep-4-topolino-3061/

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 5:47 am

OH GOD THIS IS TORTURE

THAT LAST PAGE THOUGH

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:28 am

FINALLY

http://avaxhm.com/comics/topolino_3060.html
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:11 pm

... so here's how things would look if I let Google Translate do all the work and I didn't use my brain.

Spoiler:

I had to stop there for a minute to collect my thoughts before I went to research words.

... just letting people know I'm in the translation process.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:32 am

ROFL!  lol! 
Glad to hear you're already at it. I'm practically drooling here (along with many of other international fans).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PK New Era Discussion
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next