Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PK New Era Discussion

Go down 
+18
Krozam
DuckCat
Celestis
ankokudaishogun
BubbleDaff
donald57
Viroro
Gianan
Odin Eidolon
megasupermoon
Eccentric
LauraBlue
gkaiser
MurraySwe
savagedeacon
Evronian1138
Yoshi
Lyla
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Yoshi

Yoshi

PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:54 am

This is really great news Smile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaming-universe.de
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Whoops.

Yeah, PK is going to return and that's something that no one denies basically.

But apparently

that article is shit.

I suspected it ever since I saw the imagine the author chose to represent the whole thing lol.

Faraci said on his Twitter that De Poli never mentioned about Topolino. He said the problem is not the "if", but the "where" (and the "how"). That said, maybe... MAYBE... we're going to have it on Appgrade or even another whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:40 pm

So no one knows what the hell they're going. GOOD!

Although I do think it not necessarily being in Topolino is a good sign. So...

Just give it it's own frigging magazine...

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
gkaiser

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 3:43 pm

Those are FANTASTIC news. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Just look at the cover of Paperinik Appgrade n.9  on sale this month in Italy
http://www.paperinikmagazine.it/
PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 Cover_paperinik_9
In this issue PK does not appear but Paperinik  is trapped in a comic book world by a reallity manipulating enemy and he meets a lot of marvel villains parodies and a Captain Paperopoli ...well if I tell you that he is dressed in American flag and he has a shield like a weapon..and Paperinik himself acts like PK the Duck Avenger would...and Valentina De Poli  in the introduction did speak about the "nostalgia of the good old days" so PK could return one way or another sooner than we think
Back to top Go down
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 4:28 pm

This makes me feel like I should buy that thing like RIGHT NOW.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi

Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 8:18 pm

It definitely looks like the modern Duck Avenger in this cover Smile.
Back to top Go down
Celestis

Celestis

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Is there any way to get this in outside of Italy? Preferrably in a more "mainstream" language. The question basically is, will this get an official translation or will I have to order a Copy of "Italian for Dummies"?
Back to top Go down
Mr Blotling

Mr Blotling

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:02 am

I saw that cover some time ago while "reading" the Papersera forum ("reading" being trying to interpret the mess that Google Translate spews out). Yeah, it's an awesome cover and certainly contains a good amount of fan service.

As far as coming in a language other than Italian, it might pop up outside Italy some day, but when and really if is of course hard to tell. And English is as usual veeeeery likely not to get an official translation.

But I of course would love to read it myself Smile
Back to top Go down
LauraBlue

LauraBlue

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Oh hecks yes. I picked a good time to join the fandom--I will never starve muahahaha! This better happen!
Back to top Go down
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 11:06 am

new issue of Appgrade (n.11), new cover
http://www.paperinikmagazine.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/cover_paperinik_11.jpg
but what is interesting is not the impressive cover.
In the main story Donald is on the beach on a Island when a flying saucher, coming from nowhere, freezes  the waters around the Island into a block of ice. Donald, being  on vacation, has not his costume  with him but it is not a problem. With as click on a remote control he has sent to him, from his lair a flying case that has his Paperinik costume and...a shield, the shield that everyone of us knows and loves, the shield that was on the n.9 cover
http://www.paperinikmagazine.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/cover_paperinik_9.jpg
and with it he flies around, battle an host of robots and apprehend  the villain
Back to top Go down
Yoshi

Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:28 am

So they are using items from PKNA, but not the universe / characters?
Back to top Go down
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 5:45 pm

Yoshi wrote:
So they are using items from PKNA, but not the universe / characters?
It seems  so.
I think that they are trying to close the gap bethween Paperinik (the "official" Disneyverse) and the universe of PKNA.
My idea is that when they will resurect PKNA il will be by moving characters from the PKNA universe into the normal Disney universe.
Possibly it will be something alike to Double Duck
Back to top Go down
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 1:54 am

Did you know Faraci is possibly writing something with One and Evronians involved?
Because actually he totally is. He took a screenshot of his desktop while writing a script (how is it even called in english oh my gosh).

So YEAH.
Right now.
It's more official than ever. At least, about the fact that they're working on it. And now that Panini took Topolino I feel something might change soon.
I hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi

Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 9:57 am

That's great news, thanks for posting! Can you maybe link the picture, I'd like to see it, too Smile.
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:19 pm

DUDE LIKE SERIOUSLY LINK US TO THE PICTURE PLEASE!

I am so happy to see that things are now 'officially' starting up! I can't wait to see some scans of it all, and some translations!
Back to top Go down
http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
megasupermoon

megasupermoon

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 8:48 am

Do you mean this one?

http://pkhack.altervista.org/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1382908613&archive
Back to top Go down
Mr Blotling

Mr Blotling

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:43 am

megasupermoon wrote:
Do you mean this one?

http://pkhack.altervista.org/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1382908613&archive
That's the one!
Back to top Go down
Odin Eidolon

Odin Eidolon

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:05 pm

OH. MY. GOSH.
Spoiler:

And by the way, http://www.abruzzoweb.it/contenuti/fumetti-francesco-artibani-uomo-delle-storie--e-certo-il-fenomeno-pk-tornera-in-edicola/531381-308/] here there's an (29th October, so about two weeks ago) interview to Francesco Artibani himself - it's in Italian, but I'm translating the most important lines (the bold is mine):

"Francesco Artibani [...] in the Disney field has been one of the most important among the writers and artists team that created a cult, that of PK, the new age of the superhero Paperiniki [a.k.a Duck Avenger] that at the end of the Nineties had turned the relationship between Italy and the States: here they were creating something new, there they looked with awe upon the news*.

A huge success that lasted for exactly 100 issues, divided in 3 series, and that now, and this is the treat that Artibani gives us, will come back."

Let's take a look at it all over again.

Will.
Come.
Back.

Ok, keeping this up, I just need to turn on my oxygen tank, I can do this.

*breathes heavily*

"With the new Panini Comics managements of Topolino [Topolino is the main Disney comic in Italy] you can be sure somehing is bound to happen," the storyteller assures us, that, understandably, canot add too many detail given the top secret air of the project, but he says at least this: "it won't be a reboot but a return of Pikappa [Duck Avenger] in world that has seen things change and evolve" and "all the references will be to the first two series, those of the true Pikappa" like the oldest aficionados dream, the amazing Pkers."

Oh.
God.
Yes.
So.
Much.
Win.
Might and Power!

"I can't say much because the project is still underway and everything is strictly confidential**, like it only happens with serious business. [...] The danger that the aficionados are afraid of is maybe that of a reboot***, wiping everything out in order to make new readers come forward, but, as far as I am concerned, I can tell you that the ideas we're working with are going in the opposite direction."

I can't really say anything right now. I just want to post the smug face of this sweet son of a duckPK New Era Discussion - Page 2 Ic, and because I am secretly a twelve years old, I just want to dance a Xarghon in my room due to the sheer beauty of all this.

A few notes:
*Well, no, this is Evronian propaganda or something. The Disney comic season closed down in America in the Nineties, and as far as I know, it has yet to come back. Also... please don't spread salt in the wounds: it was precisely due to such a short-sighted operation of marketing that PK2 met its inglorious end.

**Ah, sweet irony: the volume 'PK: Strictly Confidential' was the first one ever I had ever read (a compilation of issues #2, #5, and #10).

***Yeah, another ill-fated reboot isn't needed, thank you. It seems like the fourth time is the charm?

In conclusion, everyone: you have my permission to panic. Shit officially got real.
Back to top Go down
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:59 pm

LMAO YEAH I took a look at the forum the day after I posted news and there weren't answers, then I completely forgot I posted it I'M SORRY but here's all you have to know, Odin already posted everything we are aware of at the moment!
Aw crap, that's possibly the closest thing to a new beginning we've had in more than 15 years. That's some epic shit going on here. Even the writers look dead serious about it this time.
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 1:24 am

I can't wait for this to come out! And then I can't wait to wait like, what, and month for decent scans to come out and then for Banker to translate (Or someone else)?!?!?

:'D

THE ITALIANS LIVING IN ITALY KNOW HOW BIG OF FANS WE IN THE STATES (and countries who stopped publishing PK) ARE! WE NEED YOU TO COME THROUGH! :'D
Back to top Go down
Mr Blotling

Mr Blotling

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 5:33 am

Perhaps I should point out that this happened some week ago or so:

PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 It_pka_015a_001

(#15 cover image)

And this is on it's way:

PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 PKappgrade16_anteprima

No, there's no PKNA story in those two, but it's definitely a sign of things to come. So, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:41 pm

Okay but I wonder when the hell will they toss some actual stuff at us. Like. WHEN.
Back to top Go down
Mr Blotling

Mr Blotling

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 1:41 pm

Well, seems like the next issue (the bottom one) actually will feature Evronians...

Permission granted for freaking out.

BUT! This will not be the continuation to the PK series as was originally expected! But there's no reason to get upset over that, because that is still on the table. So, what is this thing then?

So, apparently from what I've understood, this is meant to be a "What if?" mini-series (called "Paperinik: Universo PK"), where good ol' Duck Avenger needs to fight them pesky Evronians and all the other bad guys that pop up, seemingly mimicing the first issues of PKNA but with the exception that he's still just the old classic Paperinik and not with the "New Adventures" tagged on, such as One and everything that he brings. Except for this lady, apparently:

PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 It_pkna_35a_001

Sounds pretty neat. Did I mention it's written by Faraci? No? Ok, it's written by Faraci. So this is just what could be seen as the first step. Then the real return comes sometime later, likely in 2014.

And now, some pics!

PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 5dkr4k
PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 2hphvsp
PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 2heehiu
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 5:04 pm

@ u @ Pk! Im happy for this new mini-series!

But what do you mean the real return? As in a real cotinuation like the sneak peak we saw on Faraci's twitter?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PK New Era Discussion
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next