Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PK New Era Discussion

Go down 
+18
Krozam
DuckCat
Celestis
ankokudaishogun
BubbleDaff
donald57
Viroro
Gianan
Odin Eidolon
megasupermoon
Eccentric
LauraBlue
gkaiser
MurraySwe
savagedeacon
Evronian1138
Yoshi
Lyla
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Eccentric

Eccentric

PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 9:04 pm

I dont think we have anything against double posting (theres like six of us here??),but I just gotta say:

Zardoz is Everett Ducklair’s Dungeons and Dragons character name
Back to top Go down
http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 9:25 pm

Say what you will about Moldrock being a war-hungry maniac, Everett... He probably would have let you raise a family in peace Surprised
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 9:28 pm

Ha! But you do have a point, Moldy-rock aaid he gave his scientiest pretty much special privileges too, Everett could have had it made and raise the girls up in a world where women did not need to worry about being emotionless and queens.

You done goofed Ev, you goody-goody two-shoes.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 12:57 am

I can make some guesses on the future...

Moldrock will survive this, he might even get out of this prison, but maybe not end up where you'd expect. I can see him running into Groodon, then they will for an alliance (Moldrock will most likely make the Evronian his servant), and together they will invade Corona.

And then there will be an arc about that. Could be leading up to it.
Back to top Go down
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 8:43 pm

Eccentric wrote:

He probably fucken sits there at his desk, with Pastrovicchio doodling muscles beside him, and wonders: "How can I make this plot twenty-times more interesting and flat out insane?"
PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 WFUKwGi
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 9:03 pm

Bless you Anko, thank you.
Back to top Go down
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 10:42 pm

Araki IS an influential author in Italy
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Guess we finally have a name to identify the Omega chamber custodian by.
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Wait, when? Did they also just release the last episode today? Or just a sneak peek?
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Yeah, scans are up. Looks like you'll have to wait longer for those further explanations on Corona.
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 1:23 am

from how that ended:
SPOILERS:
Back to top Go down
Zataro

Zataro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 8:32 pm

Black Ray:

Far as the upcoming Spring story, I'd also love to see the Corona Arc sooner rather than later, but at this point I'm thinking the DoubleDuck crossover is most likely up next, not only because it's been "expected" for so long now. Edit: Although, I just remembered their Video Interview said the Spring 2016 Arc would be a 20th Anniversary story. I wonder if a DD-PK Crossover qualifies under that category? Lol....  Suspect

Regardless, ever since PKNA they'be been cycling out Writers/Artists between Issues, & even now with PKNE they're continuing with this "tradition", so I'm guessing the next one is likewise either going to be written by the Banks of Time Duetto, or by some other PK/DD Team veteran Writer/Artist pair.

Also, some Chapter 4 Bloopers I noticed (arguably pointless warning about SPOILERS ahead);
- The Mayor has become a Major! Shocked It's a coup, I tell you! A coup!
- Ducklair Tower's front entrance also has a reinforced steel door now apparently. I'm guessing as a backup measure, for when the Ducklair Tech decides to arbitrarily stop working properly? Very Happy

Just saw Banker's final page count - wow. Considering it takes monthly comic artists 30 days to draw about 20 pages worth of content, the long downtime between M&P & Black Ray make a lot more sense now. This is like 9 months of issues all bundled together, awesome!

P.S.
Eccentric wrote:
From reading a review/summary of the new episode, all I've got to say is:

CHILL ARTIBINI.

He probably fucken sits there at his desk, with Pastrovicchio doodling muscles beside him, and wonders: "How can I make this plot twenty-times more interesting and flat out insane?"
QFT.
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 10:58 pm

After staring at Pastrovicchio's art for two episodes already, I'm pretty sure I'm gaining a better respect and love for these buff male bods (his buff women bods were always the best to me already). Just look at Solomon's body, it's like Omega was inspired by Moldrock and all his buff-ness. At first when I saw the new droid body, it was not very pleasing, sorta like a filler character body from a filler issue of PKNA, but now I've gained a sort of...fondness (?? I guess ???) for it. It is obviously different from droid bodies such as Odin's and Deu's (Due's body ass seen in issue #34), and I honestly believe it is made big and strong to reflect the Custodian's nature of being a guardian and always battle ready.

Also look at his fucken eyes, so squint, much crinkle, very cute.

Dude's got 3k years on him now since being stuck in the other dimension, I think he deserves a droid body without the complications One had.

Also, have I mentioned this here, that at the end of Embankements of Time, we saw/can assume that Omega was in now in The Raider's head. Now we can assume a copy of him is in The Raider, right? So we could possibly get that next issue as well?

Man, wouldn't that be a treat, Omega see's Odin's face plastered on Ads and stuff, then just knows he's a droid and learns it's One; Odin can like detect Omega's presence too. How cool would this meet up be?

Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 4:17 am

Written while I read The Black Ray:

Well, that was pretty epic. Doesn't feel like the old PKNA, or PK2, but PKNE always had a different mood and style than either of those two. At least the Two Steps From Hell album Pathogen still fits the story.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 11:20 pm

Krozam wrote:

Oh, and there's something that bothers me... Why did One have so much trouble getting an android body, when Omega can apparently do it at will?

Well, the reason One did have so much trouble was because he had so much goodness in him and needed some bad in him too.

Now Solomon here, he's a pretty neutral bastard, really the middle point between One and Two.
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 9:06 am

Justt going to say it, but I am awaiting the Mass Effect references and inspirations in one of the new PKNE issues. It's 2015, all three games are in Italian (really well too I.E. Mordin's voice even when singing) and it is a great impact on the sci-fi genre.
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 1:01 pm

I've never played Mass Effect, but if you spot any references, let us know Wink

Just wanted to say that the Topolino Limited Deluxe Version of Il Raggio Nero was just announced. It's coming in May and there will be a preview at Napoli Comicon (I already updated the Comicon thread Wink ). I'm not quite sure if "preview" means that I will be able to buy the book there (and thus save the shipping costs from Italy...)

And look, they've made a nice 20 years of PK badge. Cool
PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 B
Back to top Go down
Zataro

Zataro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 7:06 pm

Most likely, yes. The Conventions usually have a limited amount of copies of the latest/upcoming releases that you can purchase in advance of the full release, this is likely to be one such case.

Unfortunately, it seems like the critical reception of each PKNE Arc is going to define its Deluxe Edition price, since this one has been bumped back up to €17.00, compared to the €15.00 for Banks of Time (Might & Power was likewise €170.00, it got a lot of flak for being overpriced).

P.S. Italian Dubbing <3. Should see what they've accomplished with Dragon Ball Z, unlike most of the rest of the world.

Last edited by Zataro on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 11:00 am

Great! So my Comicon friday is reserved for shopping Very Happy (my shopping list is already alarmingly long...)

Actually, I don't think that 17 € is overpriced for a big hardcover book like that... but maybe that's because I'm used to the high comic prices in Germany. (The same kind of publication would cost here 20-25 € at least...) But doesn't the difference between Banks of Time and Might&Power also depend on the number of pages? Ok I don't know if 30 pages less equals 2€ lower price, but I always thought that was the reason...
Back to top Go down
DuckCat

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 9:58 am

Is Raggio Nero a new PK adventure or is it an old one. I cant keep track about what is coming next.
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 11:08 am

It's the book edition of The Black Ray that was published in November last year... I'm sorry, I really should be more consistent and stick to the English titles, didn't want to create confusion Very Happy

Whatever is coming next does not have a name yet as far as I know...
Back to top Go down
Zataro

Zataro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 8:09 pm

Huh. 10-page thread with everyone discussing how "premium" priced the damn Deluxe's are, nobody ever mentions the page count difference. Go figure. (Different Forum). Makes sense, actually, too. Dammit.

Don't forget to get autographs, btw Very Happy

As for the confusion, a simple translation table for future reference;
Potere e Potenza - Might & Power.
Gli Argini del Tempo - The Banks of Time.
Il Raggio Nero - The Black Ray.

Yeah, the next Arc hasn't been formally announced yet, so we don't have any details regarding a name/story or even Writer/Artist line-up, just good old speculation & a few vague details courtesy of Artibani that it's something special designed specifically for PK's 20th Anniversary, & it's due this Spring (supposedly).

P.S. for the X-Mickey fans; If you're interested in buying the Original Language (Italian) versions, they're starting reprints this May using a 2-issues-per-volume format in the bimonthly Disney Legendary Collection series. Should be about 15 volumes total over the course of 30 months assuming they continue the "two-in-one" format, or even more if they do the later standalone Pipwolf stories from Topolino as well.
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 8:56 pm

Zataro wrote:

Don't forget to get autographs, btw Very Happy
Sure as hell I won't! Very Happy

Summarizing today's rumors on the Papersera forum: a 90 page story coming in spring, written by Artibani but without Pastrovicchio who is busy with Darkenblot. And maybe one other in November. So until now nothing contradictory to what you heard Wink
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 11:30 pm

Ok, so here is finally a statement by Artibani concerning the release date of the next story... Preview at the Comicon (YES!!!) and in Topolino the week after that. (So probably 27th of April if "next week" means "directly after the Comicon weekend)
http://www.mangaforever.net/287578/intervista-a-francesco-artibani-autore-di-pikappa-e-monster-allergy
He also confirmed that it will consist of 90 pages in two parts. No title yet, though...
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 7:43 am

Zataro wrote:

P.S. for the X-Mickey fans; If you're interested in buying the Original Language (Italian) versions, they're starting reprints this May using a 2-issues-per-volume format in the bimonthly Disney Legendary Collection series. Should be about 15 volumes total over the course of 30 months assuming they continue the "two-in-one" format, or even more if they do the later standalone Pipwolf stories from Topolino as well.

HMMM HMMM, tempting, I have the whole (I assume it is all 20 issues and one special) torrented, but I don't know if I would want to buy it.

MAN, WE HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE OTHER MONTH?! UGH! I just want it out already ; n ;

They posted a preview on the Facebook page, or I think so, and I'm pretty sure it's Claudio Sciarrone? Didn't Banker said too it would be Sciarrone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PK New Era Discussion
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next