Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PKNA's Shipping dock!

Go down 
+5
Yoshi
savagedeacon
Krozam
Lyla
Eccentric
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eccentric

Eccentric

PKNA's Shipping dock! Empty
PostSubject: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:03 am

We could use one, right? There are so many characters in the series! Everyone has a ship/pairing, may it be sorta full of crack or a secret and embarrassing.

So list out your ships, and say a little why U u U
Back to top Go down
http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:14 pm

Weeeell... you already know, I'm not into shipping in PK, for some reasons... I just kinda liked Odin/Lyla but it was years ago. XD
There aren't actual pairings I think are absolutely perfect and made for each others is all.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:52 pm

I thought Ziggy and his psychic girlfriend were absolutely adorable. I wish there was more on them than that one issue.
Back to top Go down
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:25 pm

MadameEccentric wrote:
We could use one, right? There are so many characters in the series! Everyone has a ship/pairing, may it be sorta full of crack or a secret and embarrassing.

So list out your ships, and say a little why U u U
EHu rembember that Daisy is very jealous, has an attitude and she is a superheroine herself so it is better to leave Donald out of any shipping lol! 

Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 11:18 pm

I support Ziggy and Jana too, I was just so happy after that issue that he got the gal :'D

As for the Daisy thing, lol yeah, i almost forgot! We have have one comic (I think) with her super hero ego, and thats in Ultraheroes - the chemistry between them was really great there!

But if I were to ship Donald, it'd be either with Lyla,Tempest, or Juniper, and as seen in other places, and sorta love triangle/harem for him, ha!
Back to top Go down
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 7:30 am

MadameEccentric wrote:

As for the Daisy thing, lol yeah, i almost forgot! We have have one comic (I think) with her super hero ego, and thats in Ultraheroes - the chemistry between them was really great there!

In italy she was created by Guido Martina and Giorgio Cavazzano  in 1973 to have a female counterpart of Paperinik and she appeared in  a few stories beside the Ultraheroes either like the protagonist or like the rival of Paperinik.
She is a militant feminist , and usually, when paired with Paperinik she make a point to prove the superiority of the superheroines over the superheroes, but if she was not already engaged with Donald then she and Paperinik could share a romantic interest
http://www.personaggidisney.altervista.org/paperinika.html
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paperinika
Back to top Go down
Yoshi

Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:31 am

Actually I'd be fine with Lyla / Donald, because Daisy could as well not exist in PKNA. She doesn't even once have an appearance in it or it's successor series, so, since PKNA must be an alternative universe to classic Duck Avenger's Duckberg anyway, they could just split up Donald an Daisy. I have a feeling they somehow played with that idea (Lyla / Donald), but realized that Disney would not allow for them to remove Daisy from PKNA or split up Donald and Daisy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaming-universe.de
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:50 am

Actually, she did kinda have an appearance in one of the specials, IIRC. I vaguely remember Don watching from afar as Daisy and Gladstone went into a movie theatre or something.

But to be honest, I wouldn't mind if they split. I mean, all the important female characters in the PK universe have more depth than Daisy has acquired in all these decades. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Uros

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:53 am

I say Tempest/Donald o3o With how much he fights crime and partially neglects his 'normal' life from time to time, I see it very probable Donald and Daisy would break up in the PK series x3

Also I like diversified pairings :p
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:03 am

I was going to edit this into the previous post, but believe it or not, I actually managed to get ninja'd on this forum...

I liked his relationship with Juniper. She was the kind of a mysterious character whose motivations remained clouded for a long time, I love that kind of characters. I hoped she'd "turn good" in the end, but meh, you know what happened.

Lyla was an interesting character, but well, he's biological and she's not. That could never end well. Besides, I absolutely love the way they separated in... was it Time to Time? Hated the way they brought her back, cheapening the value of their separation. It's like bringing characters back from the dead.

Xadhoom is still my favourite character, and although she's different, too, and it'd never work, I did always love the deep and multi-layered nature of her relationship with PK.

Tempest, well, she's the only one with whom it might work, but to be honest, in my opinion she's downright boring compared to the others.

PK has several female friends, fantastic characters, and his relationships with them often have subtle romantic undertones, but in the end there's no one I could really ship him with.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi

Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:03 am

One person being human and the other being an android doesn't have to be a problem, for one, PKNA wouldn't talk about sex a lot anyway and it is an idea that was explored in Star Trek already, too, so it wouldn't even be a "new" taboo to break.
Back to top Go down
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:28 am

Yoshi wrote:
One person being human and the other being an android doesn't have to be a problem, for one, PKNA wouldn't talk about sex a lot anyway and it is an idea that was explored in Star Trek already, too, so it wouldn't even be a "new" taboo to break.
been there , done that
PKNA's Shipping dock! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKzDG55UXcmhgPnNth1Mjh24B6vWqYa5zke6t375FT8IuI7NgCfA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_Witch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vision_(Marvel_Comics)
and with children too
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/tommywilliam.htm

Btw PKNA was supposed to be inspired by the Marvel Comics (and Disney owns Marvel) Razz
Back to top Go down
Yoshi

Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 am

Yeah, I didn't want to say that it was a new taboo to break for Star Trek, I just didn't know, I only wanted to say that it would definitely not have been a new thing to do had it happened in PKNA.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 3:06 am

You know, there ARE other kinds of complications in such a relationship besides that. For one, she doesn't age. She can't live in one place for longer than a decade or so.
Back to top Go down
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:04 pm

Another problem is this: the Vision had the thought pattern of Simon Williams (Wonder Man) copied in his memory banks and that was the source of his emotions. Basically he fell in love with the same woman that Simon Williams could have. But Lyla Lay?
How does her mind really work? Does she feel the need for  long time relashionships?One of the reasons that humans marry is not to be alone while aging

While it appears that PKNA androids have feelings we cannot say if there are areas where they are different from humans
Remember the emotion sucking evron gun had no effect on her.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi

Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 8:50 am

This would be the series' writers' job to decide on, I don't think we could answer these questions ^^.
Back to top Go down
Odin Eidolon

Odin Eidolon

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:00 pm

Yoshi wrote:
This would be the series' writers' job to decide on, I don't think we could answer these questions ^^.
Well, after... what, thirteen years? since the series ended, I think we can risk saying a thing or two.

I always loved the undertones of the tension between Lyla and PK, so I actively supported this pairing since day one (I'm talking about the days I was about ten!), but in time I felt that they are better off as just, if really close, friends.

One of those I really like is Donald/Tempest. Donald, not PK - the really amazing thing in this pairing is that she could feel attached to the duck behind the mask, not knowing a thing about his 'spare-time activities'. That such a pairing could even be conceived speaks volumes about the quality of the character building Donald himself had, especially in PK2, a fact that is often overlooked but that it's among the highest feats of the series.

Ad yet, I think that the closest we came to an actual shipping moment (save for That One Moment in  #18, but
Spoiler:
, so...) was at the end of #17. And, yes, I think that it would have never worked out, but, if only Xadhoom had survived, the fact that Xari happily jossed her for Xalya (must have been the sight of that black top - like them big green boobies, don't you, you dirty Xari you) would have most likely pushed her to find solace in her 'only ally in the universe' (after having destroyed a Solar System or two out of rage).

That and the fact that she could become Xado again could have made her relationship with PK possible - not that he didn't love her... just look at his face at the end of issue 37 (when he's the only one who understand what's happening) or the heart-wrenching issue 46. It just needed a little push to put it into sheer romantic territory, but the elements were already there.
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:26 am

Having gone rampant with other friends on such a discussion recently (and it shall go on forever) I find I can not ship anyone else with Donald but Daisy.

The problem is that hardly anyone uses Daisy for some sort of awesome DC/Marvel story. We get her being badass in Ultra Heros, but we need something on a level of anime mashed up with classic heros like we have for PK.

We need magical girl Daisy who is put through trials and angst, and who overcomes it to become a strong women who will amaze any man. Thus she would rise above the beautiful Lyla Lay, powerful Xadhoom, dark badass Tempest, and mysterious Ducklair sisters. Btw, this idea was made by a friend and I am helping deepen and make align with the Pkna/Pk2 timeline, so hopefully there will some fics on this concept (but we have other fics we're working on together currently so it'll be awhile).

And with that parenthesized sidenote, I have created a crack ship that somehow became a serious ship to me that I think could happen in some AU of PKNA/PK2: Everett and Donald/PK.

Just because I thought they were being so close and touchy in PK2, notably in Degrees of Separation where Pk is just pushing Everett out of harms way most of the time. Their dynamic character traits clash together so well, and they just have so much interaction that may be unfriendly, but...Look beyond what you see, and BAM! Every character can be gay and or bisexual; yes, even the females.

But on a hetero note, of course I also ship the hardly seen Everett and Serifa, classic husband and wife. What a freaking sob story. But they are just so cute together, and Serifa has such a wonderful character design with her purple-blond hair and curves. They would have been perfect if not for their planet's laws pretty much ruining her mind and making her an enemy in the story. But hey, superior women in the government chairs, superior women in the beds. HA!

The mind of a fangirl is no safe place my friends.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:41 am

Since it's a given that no one will ever replace Daisy in the status quo, I wouldn't mind at least some character development for her. I personally don't think she needs to become some kind of an adventure heroine - though it would be one way to do it - but at least give her some kind of lasting development, some kind of interesting stories.

Lol... I'd love to see more Everett, more cooperation between him and PK, but I think there are other male characters closer to a bromance with PK than him. Raider, for example.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Here's my addition to this line of discussion.

F*ck Daisy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:38 pm

Pretty much. Nobody likes her.
Even her superhero identity was unlikable.

She's a bossy cockteasing hysteric hypocritical «female dog» who's good at next to nothing. Even cooking, as Donald is a much better cook.

Minnie at least has skills as reporter\journalist: in Italian stories she's often shown writing for newspapers\magazines, and the Goofy Reporter series(AU set in the '20s) has her as the de facto main character.

So, yeah, nobody cares about Daisy.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:20 pm

Though I will admit her position outside the pages as the love of Donald's life is a necessity.

It does prevent Donald from actually having that sorta relationship with one of the other women some of us do like to picture seeing him with. If such was actually to occur, that would make for some horrible storytelling.

I got my own ships in my brain, but I do realize what should and should not be. I'll be content with my dumb wonderland. Heh, but it is nice to get some short little moments here and there :3

But yeah, Daisy is evil.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:10 am

Daisy just has untapped potential that could make her very likable if authors would just stop using her so generically and break the mold like they did for Donald in PKNA.

But if there is one PKNA girl I could possibly see Donald with, it's Tempest because their attitudes are so similar and they would have a lot of things in common, but it's obvious she's younger than him, so her tastes are different and she acts like a youngster. But there is something there I can see, which I can't say for Lyla nor Xadhoom. If anything Lyla could have a crush on Pk, but it's bittersweet since they can't be together and their personalities clash; Xadhoom would most likely only feel strong friendship love.

Ugh, damn this harem
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:32 am

One thing that would make Daisy immediately a whole lot more likeable is stopping the two-timing act, dangling the bait ovar the heads of both Don and Gladstone... making a damn choice for once in her life.
Back to top Go down
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:28 pm

Krozam wrote:
One thing that would make Daisy immediately a whole lot more likeable is stopping the two-timing act, dangling the bait ovar the heads of both Don and Gladstone... making a damn choice for once in her life.
But she HAS chosen. Everybody know she has chosen Donald.

She simply uses Gladstone to blackmail\get back to Donald and has no real interest in him.
It's one of the reasons nobody likes her.

Hell, Paperinika is Tumblr\SJW pandering ante-litteram: in those stories males suddenly become much more maschilist, stupid and incompetent than usual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PKNA's Shipping dock!   PKNA's Shipping dock! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PKNA's Shipping dock!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duck Avenger Forum :: Discussions :: General PKNA Discussion-
Jump to: