Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Camera Nine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NielsGade

NielsGade

Camera Nine Empty
PostSubject: Camera Nine   Camera Nine I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 6:12 pm

I've only seen him spread randomly over different issues, in which he seemed very mysterious. Who is he?
Camera Nine ZsbpF
This has bugged me since I bought issue 3 back in 1997.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

Camera Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera Nine   Camera Nine I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Have you not read #16, Extraordinary Repairs? It answers several key questions concerning him - though it still doesn't reveal everything, for example his face still isn't shown. It reveals his name, gives some strong hints on his past and former profession, and sheds light on his personality.

That issue was really interesting to me, because I as well have been intrigued by his mystery since reading The Winds of Time long ago. At first I thought it had something to do with Lyla and the future gang, but that doesn't seem to be the case. He doesn't seem to be related to anyone: he's just a lonely, demotivated (and occasionally badass) guy living in the past, who by now knows pretty much everyone's biggest secrets... and does nothing with them. <.<

One of my favourite characters. It's him in my avatar.
Back to top Go down
NielsGade

NielsGade

Camera Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera Nine   Camera Nine I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Krozam wrote:
Have you not read #16, Extraordinary Repairs? It answers several key questions concerning him - though it still doesn't reveal everything, for example his face still isn't shown. It reveals his name, gives some strong hints on his past and former profession, and sheds light on his personality.

That issue was really interesting to me, because I as well have been intrigued by his mystery since reading The Winds of Time long ago. At first I thought it had something to do with Lyla and the future gang, but that doesn't seem to be the case. He doesn't seem to be related to anyone: he's just a lonely, demotivated (and occasionally badass) guy living in the past, who by now knows pretty much everyone's biggest secrets... and does nothing with them. <.<
Just re-read it. I wasn't as good at reading back then, but now I feel satisfied with the information #16 provided, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

Camera Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera Nine   Camera Nine I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:24 pm

You're welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

Camera Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera Nine   Camera Nine I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Come to think of it, we haven't seen him since Extraordinary Repairs, unless he was hiding there among the many cameralings without being mentioned or saying anything...

Hmm... apparently he doesn't appear again untill #41 according to my sources... okay.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Lyla

Lyla

Camera Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera Nine   Camera Nine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:01 am

Camera Nine is terribly, terribly COOL.
Why didn't they develope his story?! Sad
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

Camera Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera Nine   Camera Nine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:19 am

That's what I've been wondering. A character with such huge potential, almost completely wasted. Sad

This is the last from me for now. It's high time I go to sleep. 'Night!
Back to top Go down
blackaerin

blackaerin

Camera Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera Nine   Camera Nine I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Sorry if bumping up dead topic but here goes:

Ever since reading issue 16, I had hoped that Camera 9/Stefan Vladuck would've become more active in slowly getting out of his stifling Camera 9 persona and become an ally of sorts to the Duck Avenger, maybe even taking up minor vigilantism himself or anonymously providing photos that show the Duck Avenger in a good light to counter the negativity of Angus' false claims.

Maybe it's from watching too much Justice League Unlimited but if PK is a nod to Batman, then I could easily see Stefan shaping into the Question. (While Uno/One is a mix of Oracle and Alfred. I wonder if this makes Trip Robin? lol )

Maybe I'm being a little silly, but he struck me as being faintly similar to the Question in which instead of beating bad guys with good ol' fisticuffs he simply looks for the truth and reveals it to the world or at least to PK. It's probably the snazzy hat and trench coat look he's got on, not to mention his competence in tense situations and the fact that we don't ever see his true face.

I of course have not read the entire series yet, so this is all silly fan theories to tide me over until his next reappearance. I'm a bit sad to see that he won't be reappearing as a major character for a while yet though. I do find his small crush/admiration for Lyla very adorable though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Camera Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera Nine   Camera Nine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Camera Nine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duck Avenger Forum :: Discussions :: Character Discussion-
Jump to: