Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PK New Era Discussion

Go down 
+18
Krozam
DuckCat
Celestis
ankokudaishogun
BubbleDaff
donald57
Viroro
Gianan
Odin Eidolon
megasupermoon
Eccentric
LauraBlue
gkaiser
MurraySwe
savagedeacon
Evronian1138
Yoshi
Lyla
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
megasupermoon

megasupermoon

PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 6:53 am

This week in Topolino 3146:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 3:42 pm

I honest to God doubled over in joy and pain
Back to top Go down
http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
Catacomb Kitten

Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 6:36 pm

Well, isn't it amazing how fast you can become a subscriber of Topolino? Very Happy Just downloaded my digital issue, gonna read now, and I think I'm gonna cry...
Back to top Go down
megasupermoon

megasupermoon

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 8:41 pm

There will be five more of them, one every week.
And then...Anniversary story!
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 10:53 pm

I will get right on that eventually some time now maybe.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
megasupermoon

megasupermoon

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:11 pm

Happy 20th Anniversary, PK!

PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 20th_a10
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 5:10 pm

Oh it's great to see that I was not alone with this crazy idea to make anniversary cakes Very Happy

PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 Pikappa_cupcakes_small
Back to top Go down
Zataro

Zataro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 9:18 pm

NICE.

I got you guys this instead, straight from the pages of Panini's May 2016 Disney Preview (click the word Disney);

SPOILERS:

For non-italian speakers, it also confirms that Napoli's 2016 Comicon (end of April) will feature advance copies of the new Arc's first issue, which will otherwise be released in May.

P.S. Friendly reminder; Daredevil Season 2 just days out (with a new (EPIC) Final Trailer just out). If you haven't seen Season 1 yet, get on it - seriously. It's not Sci-Fi, but it's glorious.
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 7:34 pm

The first glimpse of the Pk-DD-crossover, posted on the Papersera forum. And finally we know who the artist is (Paolo Mottura). I'm still a little bit sceptical about the crossover (never been the biggest fan of DD I have to admit...). But I trust Artibani. I think he knows what he does. And I'll see if i'm right in about eleven days.

(The photo is quite big so I post it as a link instead...)
http://www.papersera.net/public_html2/yabbfiles/Attachments/IMG-20160411-WA0008.jpg

Edit: And here a somehow more official picture of the announcement...

Last edited by Catacomb Kitten on Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zataro

Zataro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 8:47 am

I hope those covers on the right don't mean they're re-printing the Deluxe Editions of Might & Power/Banks of Time with new covers.....

Granted, the collector in me would rejoice, but my wallet would weep...... >.<

Then again, if they were 20th Anniversary Special Editions...... OH BOY Very Happy

Time Crime, is it? "PK vs. DD" - I wonder if that's a BvS pun, or if they'll actually go up against each other.

So, Mottura. Interesting, they seem to be giving him a lot of spotlight recently; He drew the Disney Moby Dick, On the Road & Dylan Dog parodies, of which the first two have already become Deluxe, with Dylan Dog likely on the list too.

He's got a great style if they let him go wild, but the preview seems to be more in-line with typical DD stories, & Banks of Time's colouring rather than Might & Power/Black Ray. Oh well, we'll see.

Footnote: See Issue #2 - Two, or Issue #7 - Invasion for an example of his PKNA Art.

P.S. Since the article mentions both Kay-K & Lyla being present in the story, & the story's title implies something to do with Time, I wonder if this is a Time Travel story..... Ergo, PK & DD do indeed live in conjunction in the same "Disney Alterverse"?  Shocked

Yes, this is me pre-inflating my ego just in case I get proven right later Laughing
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 1:38 pm

With that title, and Lyla in it, it's a pretty safe bet that it's a time travel story. <_<
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 3:53 pm

Zataro wrote:
I hope those covers on the right don't mean they're re-printing the Deluxe Editions of Might & Power/Banks of Time with new covers.....

Granted, the collector in me would rejoice, but my wallet would weep...... >.<

Then again, if they were 20th Anniversary Special Editions...... OH BOY Very Happy
Well, yes, that's exactly what it means... both of the first editions were sold out, so it was a good opportunity to give out a new edition. New covers and with the 20th-anniversary-badge on it, but no changes in the content. I think it will depend on how heavy my suitcase will be at the end of the Comicon if I buy them or not. I won't pay an extra fee for overweight because of two books that I already have as first editions, but otherwise... the new covers are just too beautiful... *.*
PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 Screenshot_2016_04_12_17_31_18_1_1

Mottura has done some very good stuff, also in cooperation with Artibani, but I have to agree, the preview gives me the impression of the DD style more than of PKNE. I also think that we will have to deal with some headache inducing time travel stuff Very Happy And I'm quite curious to see how DD and Pk will interact with each other... "Two different characters, the same duck and in the same story" as Artibani expressed it.

Oh, and did I mention how beautiful also the cover for The Black Ray is? *.*
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 8:55 pm

Got a higher resolution image up on the blog.
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 10:38 pm

Definitely better than my mobile phone screenshot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zataro

Zataro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 12:02 am

Catacomb Kitten wrote:
Well, yes, that's exactly what it means... both of the first editions were sold out, so it was a good opportunity to give out a new edition. New covers and with the 20th-anniversary-badge on it, but no changes in the content. I think it will depend on how heavy my suitcase will be at the end of the Comicon if I buy them or not. I won't pay an extra fee for overweight because of two books that I already have as first editions, but otherwise... the new covers are just too beautiful... *.*

Oh, and did I mention how beautiful also the cover for The Black Ray is? *.*

Damn, you're killing me here Panini, I LITERALLY JUST GOT THE DAMN MMMM OMNIBUS Sad (highly recommended btw, glorious paper/printing quality - though it's worth noting they didn't choose to include the issue covers themselves, unfortunately, or the shorts at the end of each issue, & the bonus material is really slim too (albeit, original), but otherwise it's a great way to snag the first 6 issues all together - in Hardcover! With a dust jacket!)

NICE Black Ray Cover!

You got full Nap-Con tickets? Nice. I'm thinking of snagging a day pass & showing up just for the PK Presentation if I can figure out where it is exactly, & how to get to it.

Krozam wrote:
With that title, and Lyla in it, it's a pretty safe bet that it's a time travel story. <_<

And that's why I try to avoid posting shortly after waking up ^^ My bad Very Happy

Banker wrote:
Got a higher resolution image up on the blog.

Sweet! Also, thanks; you just made me realize I can no longer procrastinate catching up on DD >.< Razz
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 6:05 pm

Zataro wrote:

You got full Nap-Con tickets? Nice. I'm thinking of snagging a day pass & showing up just for the PK Presentation if I can figure out where it is exactly, & how to get to it.
The big event seems to be on sunday, 24th (see event number 4 on the Topolino list). I'll be there for all four days, yes Very Happy (best decision of my life it seems) If you want to say hi, I'm the one with pink hair and a Black Ray-shirt Razz
Back to top Go down
Celestis

Celestis

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 8:22 am

Facebook just posted:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 10:22 am

Got the first issue of Timecrime.

EVERYTHING HAPPENS!
Also, PIA and QuQu-7 are canon.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zataro

Zataro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Holy shit!:
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 5:57 pm

Celestis wrote:
Facebook just posted:

Spoiler:
That was quite a surprise and a nice way to end the Comicon Pk event Wink

There were some more news regarding the future:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 7:12 pm

I wonder:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DuckCat

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 10:06 pm

So it seems that the DD crossover is actually happening. Not that I have the slightest interests in DD...

Eccentric wrote:
I think so, I can't be too sure since there are all these names, and like two other origin stories (Christ's sake I need to my research). But yes, they are translating that one and publishing it in September.

Yes, Donald's lucky cousin is Gladstone, but I don't really see him doing that. One of Gladstone's biggest characteristics is that he is lazy (unless it comes to impressing Daisy) and depends on his luck for everything. I would still read a fic like that though, and maybe after I finally read the origin issue, I'll agree more with you on that fic idea Smile

//Oftopic: I just found out that in Ultraheroes or whatever it is called, Gladstone is some fourclover super hero dude. I guess a clash between Duck Avenger and Fourclover would be interesting.

Oh I also wanna see Duck Avenger vs. Supergoof, probably I have been affected of the Superman vs. Batman movie ads. (Never seen the movie and not gonna I think.)
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 3:16 am

Catacomb Kitten wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Facebook just posted:

Spoiler:
That was quite a surprise and a nice way to end the Comicon Pk event Wink

There were some more news regarding the future:
Spoiler:

Autumn? This is going to be the longest half a year wait of my life. Well, I'm used to waiting when it comes to PKNA and the sequel series. I think we all are (unless you're someone who only recently found the series).
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 12:07 pm

Given that the crossover with PK and DD is only a two-parter (just got hold of the second part today), I'm going to put the whole thing together instead of releasing it seperately.
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 4:28 pm

DuckCat wrote:
So it seems that the DD crossover is actually happening. Not that I have the slightest interests in DD...
//Oftopic: I just found out that in Ultraheroes or whatever it is called, Gladstone is some fourclover super hero dude. I guess a clash between Duck Avenger and Fourclover would be interesting.

Oh I also wanna see Duck Avenger vs. Supergoof, probably I have been affected of the Superman vs. Batman movie ads. (Never seen the movie and not gonna I think.)
You might want to take a look at a fan project that I linked to in this topic Wink
The English translation of the first part has not been uploaded yet on their page but I think it won't take too long... but at least the prologue is already there.

So I just finished reading part two of the crossover... I won't give away that much here but I put the spoiler tags around my thoughts anyway. If you want to be on the safe side, wait until you've read it Wink
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PK New Era Discussion
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next