Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Something that just occurred to me.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Xadhoom

Something that just occurred to me. Empty
PostSubject: Something that just occurred to me.   Something that just occurred to me. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Am I the only one who's noticed a number of similarities between Xadhoom, and the manga character, Alucard?

They both originally had four-letter names, set out to achieve a grand and noble goal, and lost everything because of it, are composed of a shapeless amorphous substance, were transformed, granted near-limitless power, and adopted seven-letter names, are capable of shapeshifting at will and are generally acknowledged to be damn near invincible.

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi

Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Something that just occurred to me.   Something that just occurred to me. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:36 am

I don't know Alucard, but according to Wiki, the Manga-series was written in 1997, so I at least think it's rather likely that neither Xadhoom is inspired by Alucard, nor the other way around.

Last edited by Yoshi on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaming-universe.de
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: Something that just occurred to me.   Something that just occurred to me. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:53 am

You're thinking too much into it. The characters are different in all key aspects save being over-powered. Their motivations, personalities, appearances, the nature of their powers... all different.
Back to top Go down
Xadhoom

PostSubject: Re: Something that just occurred to me.   Something that just occurred to me. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:24 am

Krozam wrote:
You're thinking too much into it. The characters are different in all key aspects save being over-powered. Their motivations, personalities, appearances, the nature of their powers... all different.

Thought so... Still, the fight would be epic.

EDIT: There is, however, some small overlap between their powersets: Apparently, their clothes are a direct manifestation of their powers, or can be generated by them. Confirmed in Alucard's case, and Metamorphosis implies it for Xadhoom.
Back to top Go down
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: Something that just occurred to me.   Something that just occurred to me. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:16 am

Xadhoom wrote:
Am I the only one who's noticed a number of similarities between Xadhoom, and the manga character, Alucard?

They both originally had four-letter names, set out to achieve a grand and noble goal, and lost everything because of it, are composed of a shapeless amorphous substance, were transformed, granted near-limitless power, and adopted seven-letter names, are capable of shapeshifting at will and are generally acknowledged to be damn near invincible.

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
Don't forget who Alucard really is, just read his name backwards, and anyway the tittle of both the anime and manga is a giveaway
Yoshi wrote:
I don't know Alucard, but according to Wiki, the Manga-series was written in 1997, so I at least think it's rather likely that neither Xadhoom is inspired by Alucard, nor the other way around.
He was like a fictional character created long before Xadhoom (the first novel was written in 1897   Laughing) and had several other incarnations in various other media
Alucard
Back to top Go down
Xadhoom

PostSubject: Re: Something that just occurred to me.   Something that just occurred to me. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 1:46 pm

Savage Deacon wrote:
Don't forget who Alucard really is, just read his name backwards, and anyway the title of both the anime and manga is a giveaway

Vlad the impaler, I know. 'Hellsing' would only hint at Alucard having some vague connection to the Helsings, which also applies to Lucy, Mina, Jonathan (not Joestar, though he similarly fought a vampire around 1900's, give or take a few decades), Jack, Quincey, and Renfield.

Savage Deacon wrote:
He was like a fictional character created long before Xadhoom (the first novel was written in 1897   Laughing) and had several other incarnations in various other media.
Alucard

The Hellsing iteration of Alucard didn't exist until 1997-98; He has no connection to the other people associated with that name.
Back to top Go down
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: Something that just occurred to me.   Something that just occurred to me. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 2:24 pm

like you can see there is more than a vague connection with the Dracula character in Hellsing :

As revealed in volume 8 of the manga, he is Count Dracula (Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards). Soon after the events presented in Bram Stoker's original novel, Dracula was defeated by Abraham Van Helsing and became the family's loyal servant. Decades later, Abraham's descendant Arthur Hellsing gives the Count his current name: "Alucard". The manga is set over a hundred years later, where the Hellsing Organization is forced to fight the remnants of a Nazi battalion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alucard_%28Hellsing%29

How you can see he is Dracula, that Dracula
Back to top Go down
Xadhoom

PostSubject: Re: Something that just occurred to me.   Something that just occurred to me. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:26 pm

savagedeacon wrote:
like you can see there is more than a vague connection with the Dracula character in Hellsing :

As revealed in volume 8 of the manga, he is Count Dracula (Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards). Soon after the events presented in Bram Stoker's original novel, Dracula was defeated by Abraham Van Helsing and became the family's loyal servant. Decades later, Abraham's descendant Arthur Hellsing gives the Count his current name: "Alucard". The manga is set over a hundred years later, where the Hellsing Organization is forced to fight the remnants of a Nazi battalion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alucard_%28Hellsing%29

How you can see he is Dracula, that Dracula

I knew that already; I've read all ten volumes, watched all ten OVAs... There is not a single facet of the Hellsing manga that I am not intimately familiar with, I can assure you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something that just occurred to me.   Something that just occurred to me. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something that just occurred to me.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duck Avenger Forum :: Discussions :: Character Discussion-
Jump to: