Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Music to Listen to While Reading

Go down 
+2
Banker
Krozam
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Krozam

Krozam

Music to Listen to While Reading Empty
PostSubject: Music to Listen to While Reading   Music to Listen to While Reading I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:00 am

So, I have a habit of listening to music while reading comics, I've found that it greatly enhances the mood. While reading PKNA, my favourite is Two Steps From Hell's Pathogen album. Try reading one of those numerous misty beginning scenes to The Raven Talks Backwards (the track also goes well with any epic scene), a suspenseful scene to Shed My Skin or Pathogen, any beautiful/wistful/grand scene (especially if it takes place far from home, like in another dimension) to Otherworld, any adrenaline-filled action scene to Kickdown... The mood is incredible, epic to say the least. Other tracks I'd recommend are Electro Freak, Ice Planet, Deathslinger, Cannibal, Crash, Beam of Light, War of Angels, and Gothic Cowboy.

I did also have a lot of fun listening to Powerman 5000's Show Me What You've Got in issue #7, in the big battle against the Evrons. Very Happy

I'd give you YT links, but the forum doesn't let new members post links for 7 days... -.-'

Anyone else have anything you like to listen to while reading?
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: Music to Listen to While Reading   Music to Listen to While Reading I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:49 am

Well, it's pretty much obligatory for me to listen to stuff while doing translations. I do end up spending several hours on it in one sitting, so I definitely need some background voice.
Though I listen to vlogs more than i do music, just for the diversity. When it comes to music, I usually turn on a Cara Mia loop just to get in a relaxing mood.

You seems to have a lot going on there, Krozam. Any music you think would fit well for particular scenes in Fragments of Autumn?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Pk Reloaded

Pk Reloaded

PostSubject: Re: Music to Listen to While Reading   Music to Listen to While Reading I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:42 pm

i listen to "Ben" (michae jackson) when i read the saddest moments of the stories
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: Music to Listen to While Reading   Music to Listen to While Reading I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Banker wrote:
You seems to have a lot going on there, Krozam. Any music you think would fit well for particular scenes in Fragments of Autumn?
Well, throughout that issue, I mostly listened to Otherworld. Especially the memory scenes and the confrontation with Vertighel at the end. Other than that, I have nothing exceptionally well suited for that particular issue. I kinda like Cannibal with the scene where Avenger sneaks into Gottfresh's Villa, though. Kickdown could be good for the following short action scene... The Raven Talks Backwards for the rainy scene in the beginning: the first part of the song is good for any rainy or misty scene, and the rest is epic enough for any action scene. It's my favourite track from the album, I usually use it for the most epic scenes in PKNA, as well as those numerous misty beginnings. Very Happy But, yeah, as far as I'm concerned Otherworld is a must for Fragments of Autumn.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: Music to Listen to While Reading   Music to Listen to While Reading I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Krozam wrote:

Well, throughout that issue, I mostly listened to Otherworld. Especially the memory scenes and the confrontation with Vertighel at the end. Other than that, I have nothing exceptionally well suited for that particular issue. I kinda like Cannibal with the scene where Avenger sneaks into Gottfresh's Villa, though. Kickdown could be good for the following short action scene... The Raven Talks Backwards for the rainy scene in the beginning: the first part of the song is good for any rainy or misty scene, and the rest is epic enough for any action scene. It's my favourite track from the album, I usually use it for the most epic scenes in PKNA, as well as those numerous misty beginnings. Very Happy But, yeah, as far as I'm concerned Otherworld is a must for Fragments of Autumn.

Thanks, I'll check it out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: Music to Listen to While Reading   Music to Listen to While Reading I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:10 pm

I've read Fragments of Autumn with Nightwish's Koulema Tekee Taitelijan. At least, for the rereading.
The first time I listened nothing but people screaming and making stuff at home. The first time I didn't appreciate that issue as I do now.
For the rest, I think there could be a song for every issue, but this last times I think that "Hero" (Skillet) is a perfect song for all PK's stuff in general. It actually ISN'T a profound song (definely it isn't) but... just fits so good, for me. Maybe for the music and for the simple fact that speaks about a hero (don't you say? xD). IDK.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: Music to Listen to While Reading   Music to Listen to While Reading I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Lyla wrote:
I've read Fragments of Autumn with Nightwish's Koulema Tekee Taitelijan. At least, for the rereading.

Thanks, Sol. I'll take that into consideration.
Back to top Go down
drapichrust

drapichrust

PostSubject: Re: Music to Listen to While Reading   Music to Listen to While Reading I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Ah... For the first scene of Fragments of Autumn I listened to this. An old good movie theme. And actually I think it suits more than just the memory part, but the whole first fight scene as well. It's not really that much epic fight and we have a rainy scenery, melancholy... You know. I don't really think this issue needs dynamic sounds, rather moody tracks. Well, maybe not this one in particular, but it's a good example for reflective, but not really sad piece of music.
But it's just my little vision. Smile
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: Music to Listen to While Reading   Music to Listen to While Reading I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:20 pm

drapichrust wrote:
Ah... For the first scene of Fragments of Autumn I listened to this. An old good movie theme. And actually I think it suits more than just the memory part, but the whole first fight scene as well. It's not really that much epic fight and we have a rainy scenery, melancholy... You know. I don't really think this issue needs dynamic sounds, rather moody tracks. Well, maybe not this one in particular, but it's a good example for reflective, but not really sad piece of music.
But it's just my little vision. Smile

Thanks for the suggestion Smile
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: Music to Listen to While Reading   Music to Listen to While Reading I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:38 am

So, any music suggestions for Metamorphosis?
Back to top Go down
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: Music to Listen to While Reading   Music to Listen to While Reading I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:50 pm

Banker wrote:
So, any music suggestions for Metamorphosis?
Heh, now that's complicated. I swear I thought about it for a while, but still no ideas here.
Just as for Fragments of Autumn, something melodic, melancholy and at least a bit poetic... maybe Koulema could work also with Metmorphosis, but I wanted to search for other songs, you know.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: Music to Listen to While Reading   Music to Listen to While Reading I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:51 pm

Lyla wrote:

Heh, now that's complicated. I swear I thought about it for a while, but still no ideas here.
Just as for Fragments of Autumn, something melodic, melancholy and at least a bit poetic...

Righto.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: Music to Listen to While Reading   Music to Listen to While Reading I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 7:17 pm

You know my suggestion: Two Steps from Hell, especially the album Pathogen. I'll check later if there is any song that fits particularly well the issue...
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Music to Listen to While Reading   Music to Listen to While Reading I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 8:22 pm

Ah, now this is the right thread for me! I always try to combine the comics with best fitting music, so I'll definitely check out all of your recommendations made above.

Of course I'll leave some music tips as well. Some of the older issues are intrinsically tied to certain pieces of music for me... and some of the new ones as well.

For PKNA 0/2 (Winds of time) it's Metallica's "Reload" album. Mostly the songs Slither, Carpe Diem Baby, Bad Seed and Fixxxer.

From the same album the song Where The Wild Things Are belongs to PKNA 8 (Silicon).

PKNA 9 (Fountains of the moon) goes well with the song Horncrowned Majesty by Naglfar. Fast swedish black metal, best soundtrack for the battle scenes.

Then for PKNA 12 (Second Draft) I recommend the whole Animatronic album by The Kovenant. Actually everything by this band is great background music for all issues with space or time travel themes.

Then finally a new one: When I read Might & Power, I always have the soundtracks of the Dark Knight trilogy playing. There was obviously some other guy on Youtube who thought the same way and made this nice video:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music to Listen to While Reading   Music to Listen to While Reading I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music to Listen to While Reading
Page 1 of 1