Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"The Diabolical Duck Avenger" lands in the USA

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ankokudaishogun

"The Diabolical Duck Avenger" lands in the USA Empty
PostSubject: "The Diabolical Duck Avenger" lands in the USA   "The Diabolical Duck Avenger" lands in the USA I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 8:42 pm

Out in September

DONALD DUCK #5
(W) Guido Martina, Jonathan Gray (A) Giovan Carpi, Daan Jippes (CA) Marco Rota
With great power comes... no responsibility! In a historic Disney epic making its US debut, Donald becomes "The Diabolical Duck Avenger"-a super-anti-hero ready to get even with Uncle Scrooge once and for all!
Main Cover (Marco Rota) http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STK680001-700000/STK683418.jpg
Sub Cover (Derek Charm) http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STK680001-700000/STK683420.jpg
Back to top Go down
Celestis

Celestis

PostSubject: Re: "The Diabolical Duck Avenger" lands in the USA   "The Diabolical Duck Avenger" lands in the USA I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 7:27 am

They're actually calling him the Duck Avenger? Wasn't his name in the Pikappa-Translation on Comixology "Superduck"? Did they perhaps change it because of the translation project? Shocked

Mind = Blown
Back to top Go down
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: "The Diabolical Duck Avenger" lands in the USA   "The Diabolical Duck Avenger" lands in the USA I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 3:57 pm

Actually, the translation uses Duck Avengers because it was one of the names used in the USA
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: "The Diabolical Duck Avenger" lands in the USA   "The Diabolical Duck Avenger" lands in the USA I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 6:02 am

SuperDuck was a one time thing for English translation of Pikappa. In many other comics, what few there are with PK in them, they've used The duck Avenger, like in Ultraheroes and other subsequent PK translations.

I believe, from research, the first time they translated this story they used something with Drake in it and Phantomloid?? Or that was the original masked mallard, who owned the Villa, alter ego name (I think it's that, yeah).

And then, in that one comic where they tried to bring PK to the U.S. but instead of One, it was Ludwig Von Drake, and a different type of aliens (they had a different, yet similar, name to the Evronians).

So really, those who even READ Donald Duck comics in the U.S. will recognize "The duck Avenger" as a name, most likely anyways.

Wish they'd just use Paperinik though, like in the game (Which also came with a small comic from what I read. The quick like two page comic was in the video game box. It's uploaded somewhere on Tumblr).

blah blah Im just rambling now.

Back to top Go down
http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Diabolical Duck Avenger" lands in the USA   "The Diabolical Duck Avenger" lands in the USA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The Diabolical Duck Avenger" lands in the USA
Page 1 of 1