Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IDW TO PUBLISH PKNA

Go down 
+3
Catacomb Kitten
Celestis
ankokudaishogun
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ankokudaishogun

IDW TO PUBLISH PKNA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDW TO PUBLISH PKNA   IDW TO PUBLISH PKNA - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 1:11 pm

I bet Red Raider is for trademark\marketing reasons, as Raider is a common word, therefore impossible to trademark.

The title is either because they do believe American readers are stupid or, as much as possible, for copyright reasons.
It's quite possible "Winds of Time" is trademarket\copyrighted.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: IDW TO PUBLISH PKNA   IDW TO PUBLISH PKNA - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 3:17 pm

The title translation isn't really wrong.

Within the original Italian issue, it's written as "Quando Soffia il Vento del Tempo".
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Zataro

Zataro

PostSubject: Re: IDW TO PUBLISH PKNA   IDW TO PUBLISH PKNA - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 11:22 pm

Yeah, but "Quando Soffia il Vento del Tempo" translates to "When the Winds of Time Blow", which does actually make sense.

If, alternatively, they insisted on it being question-formatted; "When Does the Wind of Time Blow?" Or even "When Do the Winds of Time Blow?"

"When Blow the Winds of Time" sounds either like something out of Shakespeare, which would arguably be more suited for Fragments of Autumn than Winds of Time, or, alternatively, something a really bad English speaker would write/ask.

As for Raider Trademarking - huh. Well, maybe we'll get lucky & they'll only use the word "Red" once, rather than continuously.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: IDW TO PUBLISH PKNA   IDW TO PUBLISH PKNA - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 9:37 pm

Finally got my copy in the mail. Damn was it a fun read.

Besides the very first panel stating that the invasion of Xerba MIGHT have taken place hundreds of years ago, I didn't find anything else that was factually wrong.

Sure, there's slight dialogue changes here and there, but all the points get across. I do actually really like how it's all written. And they sure love to use the word "heck".

The funniest name change I found was going from "Sam Plot" to "Shorty Scenario". Pfft... that's so fucking dumb.

Then there's minor name changes which I will put in the "whatever" directory. Evrongun -> Evrogun... Woodstein -> Woodstain... Don't care at all.

And the most interesting I took note of was the colored text. One speaks in dark green, while Evronian mooks speak in dark purple. Someone was clearly having fun with this.

Overall, very enjoyable. Now I just gotta wait two monts for every following issue.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: IDW TO PUBLISH PKNA   IDW TO PUBLISH PKNA - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 10:18 pm

just got my copy, I'll write a more detailed review once I get enough time.

For now, I've been struck with a few things:

• One's speech pattern has been slightly altered. In Italian it's impossible to distinguish him from a normal person, while here he seems to use a slightly more "mechanical" speech pattern.
  • Couple of jokes here and there have been added\changed. Nothing major.
  • Donald's thinking Everett died doesn't happen(he just worries\wonders where Everett "disappeared"). I guess it was untranslatable in English.
  • Evronians's motivation to kidnap the Anxieties actors changed from them testing whether they would be conduct for the viewers emotions to test them as strong emotional sources.
  • Added line about the Nephews being at a World Junior Woodchuck Summit. I guess it was to set up their absence\justify Donald living in the Tower for a while. I suppose they aren't dealing with aliens like in the Italian stories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IDW TO PUBLISH PKNA   IDW TO PUBLISH PKNA - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IDW TO PUBLISH PKNA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2