Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PK New Era Discussion

Go down 
+18
Krozam
DuckCat
Celestis
ankokudaishogun
BubbleDaff
donald57
Viroro
Gianan
Odin Eidolon
megasupermoon
Eccentric
LauraBlue
gkaiser
MurraySwe
savagedeacon
Evronian1138
Yoshi
Lyla
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Zataro

Zataro

PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 1:29 am

So, I ended up with this massive Wall of Text, & I decided to break it down with Spoiler Tags! Yes, I'm crazy like that ^^

Might & Power:

In order to do that:

Think of it like this:

Black Ray:

Though I feel I should mention, at this point, that personally I wasn't expecting any of the stories following Might & Power to be quite on the same level, just because, & had my expectations set accordingly from the start, so it came off as a decent read in the end, even if nothing particularly special. I mean come on, how the hell do you follow up THAT. Seriously. You'd need like, THE Ultimate PK Story to outmatch the Ultimate PK Story we'd been waiting on for how many years now.

(Now that I'm done inflating my ego....)

But yes like Anko said above:

(Footnote: The below is paraphrased & roughly translated, it is quite possible I've misunderstood some of what was originally said, so I may have translated it incorrectly, in which case, apologies)

Take for example the link to an Interview excerpt posted by Eccentric above:

Alessandro's reply (again, roughly translated):

The guy who posted the quote from the Interview replied thusly, which kind-of echoes my own thoughts right now; ".... can I express my indignation? Can I?"

& I decided to throw in this as well, maybe someone will find it interesting:

P.S. Far as the "Time Passing" thing.... /shrug. Probably just because it's a common thing to do with Serial Comics, time skips between each Issue/Arc, "because."

Last edited by Zataro on Sat May 30, 2015 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adjusted my shoddy translation work)
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 2:31 am

I think in that same link there is another post where it is explained what happened in PK2. Pretty much the new director of the whole publisher disliked PKNA, and pretty much told them to make a "better" version for kids, but that target audience thought it was lame. And what makes it worst (FOR ME ANYWAYS) is that if that had not happened, we would have definitely had more Ducklairs and focus on Everett (seriously that family has issues and are so interesting).

Glad we all agree pretty much that Banks of Time is an okay story for the newer readers, but totally does not live up for the Veteran readers who have been waiting for 15 years.
And I agree that the fan-service got to be a bit too much -- we get it, Lyla is hotter than everyone, enough with the full body shots with her going pigeon toed and close ups of her shining face.

It's times like these that the female fans sigh miserably and wish for more male fan-service.

ALSO HEY GUYS, a while back my friend was perusing Dutch Donald Duck comics (because it's what Donaldist do, especially those who don't, or are barely getting, cool weekly or monthly publishing)  and he found that they re-used Everett Ducklair's character as a random extra character in a story from 2002.
Here's my postof all the panels of him. And I think it's absolutely hilarious and cool they call him Dirk Duizelduck over there. Other country re-namings are the best.
Back to top Go down
http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 1:54 pm

https://imgur.com/a/IljIQ#0

There, I'm done!

Man, all that Donald Duck fanservice is so gross. Everyone keeps talking about his "feathery behind".
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 6:25 pm

So. How is nobody noticed
Spoiler:
?
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:48 pm

Well, that was quite a complicated plot. I didn't find it as exciting as M&P, but then, who would? It's a decent story by the standard of the PKNA continuum, not one of the best but not mediocre or worse either. I didn't really get "the feels" with this one, because it wasn't that type of a story, but it was still very enjoyable.

I'm not sure what to think of Raider... Sure, it's a regression in character development, which I dislike in principle... but on the other hand, I like this "chaotic evil" Raider better.

BTW, does anyone else think freezing criminals in time is a spectacularly bad idea? >_< Frozen in time, they won't age or change, the time they spend in holding will feel like a blink of an eye for them. They'll be there until someone releases them, and they won't have had time to repent, so most likely they'll just continue what they were doing before they were captured. The time police will just keep accumulating new criminals, run into space problems, and be overwhelmed and forced to recapture them every damn time something like this happens.

Oh, and who the hack is Seamus Hogg? Have we met him before?
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 10:19 pm

Krozam wrote:
Oh, and who the hack is Seamus Hogg? Have we met him before?

Time to read through "Day of the Cold Sun" again.
Back to top Go down
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 10:34 pm

Krozam wrote:

I'm not sure what to think of Raider... Sure, it's a regression in character development, which I dislike in principle... but on the other hand, I like this "chaotic evil" Raider better.
It's not really a character regression... simply, this time he doesn't have to Save The Existence.
Hell, there is now MORE existence for him to raid.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 11:02 pm

Thanks, Banker.

Well, I'd see it as a sort of character regression that he's back in the field, working for the Organisation, even though there was a time when he was ready to retire and focus on being a dad, with a decent "pension" already secured.
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:39 am

Thanks Banker for all the hardwork, also a thanks to Mer for helping the translations, things would probably be a little confusing without her help -- though your solo work is good too, I've compared the Double Duck translations on Comixology to yours (that one with 4 parts and like crown or something) and you had it all translated equal or better to comixology (definitely trust you more since North America tends to censor or seriously change things).

We had a glance at The Raider we all know and love from PKNA when he saves PK (though I do kind of believe he did go in there to try and ruin things, but when he found out he couldn't, he decided to save PK)
PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 C18

OH MAN THAT TWIST THOUGH WITH SERGIO. LIKE WOW. Whose idea was it to decide, "hey, let's put the most dickface AI with the time anarchist?"

As if I could not be more excited for the next issue.

Now for a siesta to wait out until October
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 2:07 am

I've also got a blog post up with a download link for the full thing.

http://duckbanker.blogspot.no/2015/06/pkne-02-part-4-complete.html
Back to top Go down
Zataro

Zataro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 3:41 am

Darth Vader in Italian - Dart Fener. True story.

I think the Cryogenic Cells are more for Career Criminals with Life Sentences, the people who've either done/attempted to do irrevocable damage to the Time Continuum (we've seen the Organization's hoard of precious treasures from across Time ourselves in 14 - "Carpe Diem"), or some such, & probably Criminals considered too dangerous for ordinary Prisons, since they'd easily be able to escape from them.*

Kronin fits under that category hands down IMO, & Raider would have probably ended up there if he hasn't already at least once. PK would probably also fit under that category due to his continuous actions to disrupt/alter the Time Continuum, only they can't exactly remove him from History like that without drastically adjusting the Time Continuum themselves, so finally after a few years they tried to erase his memories of them instead (33 - The Day That Will Come).

*-> Consider the insanity of the Batman-Joker Relationship. Batman catches Joker, throws him into Arkham, Joker escapes, kills another 100+ people, Bats catches him, rinse, repeat. Now stick a Cryogenic Cell into that Formula; a Cryogenic Cell situated in the Batcave..... Imagine the consequences of such an act afro

Thanks for all the hard work Banks & Mer.

Oh &, if anyone's in the mood for a long read that will result in you requiring some serious therapy time, click THIS, where someone with too much free time puts together some EXTREMELY freaky Theories, some of which unfortunately kind-of make sense.... Which is even MORE disturbing.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 6:42 pm

What I find most interesting and plausible among the theories in that page is that the Organization in both the PK continuum and DoubleDuck is the same. The DD one may be a precursor of the other one... Since it's hinted that the two series may in fact exist in the same universe and at some point there might be a crossover, this theory is starting to sound quite plausible.
Back to top Go down
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 12:58 am

Let's also remember the parameters The Agency used to justify Donald as template for its Big Boss is the same ONE used to justify his recruitment in the Guardians of the Galaxy
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 5:18 am

What if The Agency...is the Time Police....

Ok, yeah, I dont really care for Double Duck, I download the translations to read in spare time (plus Banker worked on them, so we can't let his hard work go to waste, that's just rude). So as you may see, I have little knowledge on it.

But a chance for Donald to show how much more badass he is to more people? I'm all in, show how superior of a hero he is rather than a secret agent and knock the socks off of The Agency.

Also, of course, Lyla meeting Kay K -- or one of our femme companions from PKNA/PK2 meeting Kay K. I either want a friendship, or a beat down, but I favor our PK girls more

Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 3:28 am

Lol, nah, I don't think the Agency has anything to do with the future Time Police. The reason is simple: The Agency works in secret, like The Organization, while Time Police are a public organization, just like the regular police.
Back to top Go down
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 11:47 am

From the latest Anteprima, the reprint of Dams of Time:
Topolino Limited Deluxe Edition: PK - Gli Argini del Tempo
144pages, colour
20.5x31.5cm, HardCover
Euro 14,90

out in October- no cover yet
Back to top Go down
Celestis

Celestis

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 11:00 am

I love automatic translations.

PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 Dykes
Back to top Go down
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Celestis wrote:
I love automatic translations.

PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 Dykes
In which we find out Lyla's new optional parts...
Back to top Go down
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 11:49 pm

Cover of the Limited Deluxe Edition of Gli Argini del Tempo
PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 CjwxtPb

also, BONUS!
Mickey Mouse Mystery Magazine OMNIBUS
PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 4OPVAGz
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 1:14 pm

Somebody needs to translate more MMMM. I think the first few issues are pretty good. Certainly better than most DoubleDuck stories. Unfortunately, Banker doesn't agree... Sad
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 7:15 am

I've been reading Mickey-X, I had to torrent the rest after issue #1 since the download site links are down, and that's p good if want to read something mystery like, but with gothic themes.

HOW AWESOME THOUGH IS NEXT MONTH GOING TO BE THOUGH? PK origns finally published (once again). And then the month after that, October, we get to go broke importing The Banks of Time off of Ebay! and finally the new issue will be out!

Great way to end the year!
Back to top Go down
DuckCat

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 7:37 am

PK Origins? You mean the old diabolic duck avenger?

I actually had a strange fan fiction in my head where what-the-duck-is-he-called-in-english, Gladstone? you know this lucky duck that is Donalds cousin, attempt to revenge on the Duck Avenger. Grrrodon in disguise could help him out...
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 4:38 pm

I think so, I can't be too sure since there are all these names, and like two other origin stories (Christ's sake I need to my research). But yes, they are translating that one and publishing it in September.

Yes, Donald's lucky cousin is Gladstone, but I don't really see him doing that. One of Gladstone's biggest characteristics is that he is lazy (unless it comes to impressing Daisy) and depends on his luck for everything. I would still read a fic like that though, and maybe after I finally read the origin issue, I'll agree more with you on that fic idea Smile

Back to top Go down
Zataro

Zataro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 8:04 pm

MMMM Omnibus: *weeps tears of joy* I can't wait, FINALLY. Oh, & it's going to have new never-before-seen Extras in it apparently, though they might be a trade-off, as it seems the secondary "Short Stories" featured in the Individual Issues might not make it into the Omnibus (at least not in Volume 1, no idea about Volume 2). Keep in mind this is unconfirmed information, just speculation based on the announced page count for the first Omnibus.

I do hope they're counting on good Omnibus Sales to Green Light an MMMM Reboot/Sequel, (a Reboot would be my preference, if they treat it properly; use it to re-start & actually finish the original Arc from the first 6 or so Issues that got summarily dropped once they were told that the Series was being canned).

PK: Hopefully this means they're testing out different Formats for an eventual Hardcover PK Collection release in Omnibus Format. It would be really great to finally get a Definitive set for collecting, the PK Ultimate Collection Prints are missing something like 1-2 issues (not to mention how many Issues are grossly out of order too), & while PK Il Mito was at least complete (literally, from the very first PKNA Issue to the very last PK Issue), they were sadly both resized, & attached to a Newspaper, so they only got a limited Print Run (shame, seriously great Extras in the back & the attached Slides, hopefully they make the Omnibuses, somehow).

X-Mickey original is great, sadly the Translations only go up to Issue 20 (of 30). There's a couple of Disney Mega-Torrents around that have all 20 Translated Issues for anyone else that's interested, as well as the various handful of seemingly random Translated Wizards of Mickey Issues, etc.

Far as Duck Avenger in the US (yes his Mainstream counterpart is called Duck Avenger, it seems "Super Duck" is reserved only for the PK Universe Reboot Translations) you can find the original article here, with a summarized translation below;

Translation:

So yeah, it's the "Donald Duck & the Diabolical Duck Avenger" 2-Part Classic, as can be confirmed by the Artist's names. If you want to read a Fan Translation in the meanwhile, Banker's already done one. If you want more information on Classic Duck Avenger, I recommend this site here (if you click the Italian Flag there's several more pages he hasn't translated yet, detailing a lot of stuff too).

P.S. Hey Banks, I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say we hope you're enjoying the Summer, & we're hoping you've got some Pikappa/MMMM Translations coming up soon, because we're totally starved here Sad  bounce
Back to top Go down
DuckCat

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 8:07 am

Eccentric wrote:
I think so, I can't be too sure since there are all these names, and like two other origin stories (Christ's sake I need to my research). But yes, they are translating that one and publishing it in September.

Yes, Donald's lucky cousin is Gladstone, but I don't really see him doing that. One of Gladstone's biggest characteristics is that he is lazy (unless it comes to impressing Daisy) and depends on his luck for everything. I would still read a fic like that though, and maybe after I finally read the origin issue, I'll agree more with you on that fic idea Smile

There are three origins as I know of:

First is called diabolic duck avenger or something and is about Donalds revenge. At some point he become a superhero.

The second one is that he saved a train and then One found him and make him to a super hero. There are not really anything much more to that story.

The third one I have yet to find but again the Donald found/won Villa Rosa and the old super-thief gears that he used to become a super hero. Here Ludwig von drake give him some aid together with some Bussy Bee that I have no idea who that is.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   PK New Era Discussion - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PK New Era Discussion
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next