Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite PKNA issues

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Banker
Admin
Banker

Favorite PKNA issues Empty
PostSubject: Favorite PKNA issues   Favorite PKNA issues I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:02 pm

So it's time to make this obligatory thread now that the PKNA series has been translated. There's certainly a lot of good stuff to pick from.

So go ahead, let's hear what your personal favorites are, and be a bit elaborate about why you liked said issue! If you liked Missing for its roboduckservice, do say so!

Yep.

Last edited by Banker on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Yoshi

Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite PKNA issues   Favorite PKNA issues I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:32 pm

As I had to complete my Master's thesis the last few months, I couldn't keep up with your pace. I've only read the first 28 issues (and 0-1, 0-2, 0-3), so I can't really answer this question in a good way yet. But the most funny issue so far is issue 28, really incredible humor, I laughed all the way. I was introduced to PKNA by PKNA 0-2 which still is one of my favourite issues. Two's first appearance was super nice, as well, whereas I didn't like Xadhoom's first issue all that much, I really came to love her later on though.

As a science fiction fan I love time travelling stories, so Portrait of the young hero (issue 5) and second draft (issue 12, the last one that was released here in Germany) are also among my favourites. The issue I liked the least so far is Urk (issue 11), that one was really boring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaming-universe.de
MurraySwe

MurraySwe

PostSubject: Re: Favorite PKNA issues   Favorite PKNA issues I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:39 am

I'm gonna say the first one I ever read which was PK6. It sticks out because of the somewhat unique presentation compared to the other issues in that the drawings are relatively detailed and ambitious and the story is somewhat cryptic in a good way (the Xadhoom parts).

PK15 gets an honorable mention because of it being relatively humorous issue.
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Favorite PKNA issues   Favorite PKNA issues I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 2:12 am

The most important issue to me is also the first I ever read. Which in my case was The Winds of Time. Should I tell you the story of how I once saw the PKNA advertisements in the Micky Maus magazine and when I had finally decided that I absolutely needed those comics, they were sold out from the publisher and at that time there was no Ebay and nothing, and how I then, totally by chance, went into that newspaper shop at Cologne main station and there it was, in all its splendor, something I had given up hope to ever hold in my hands - well I just told you. There was never again any book or comic that made me as thoroughly happy as this one, so, eternal number one.

Another all time favourite is one of the new stories: Potere e Potenza. Just as I'm writing this, I feel the need to read it again... What a masterpiece.

My other favourites are Mekkano, Trauma, The day of the cold sun, Carpe Diem, Time to time, In the Shadow, Fragments of Autumn and The end of the world.
Reading Mekkano is a bit like watching Lord of the Rings, where I often skip the Frodo/Sam-parts... I do that with the only-Mekkano-and-scientist-pages as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite PKNA issues   Favorite PKNA issues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite PKNA issues
Page 1 of 1