Duck Avenger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PKNA: a parody?

Go down 
+2
Lyla
loeb
6 posters
AuthorMessage
loeb

PKNA: a parody? Empty
PostSubject: PKNA: a parody?   PKNA: a parody? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi to all. Through years parodies take an important role in Disney, so PKNA could be considered one of them? A semi-serious homage like “Bram Topker’s Dracula” or “Mickey’s inferno”

PKNA: a parody? Draculah

PKNA: a parody? 13676314

or more an independent comics that has the right to be considered part of the superhero genre like Marvel comics?
Back to top Go down
Lyla

Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PKNA: a parody?   PKNA: a parody? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Mhn, maybe the original project was quite a parody, but... thinking about it, you realize PKNA is more an hybrid, an experiment. The real parody to superheroes is the MODERN Duck Avenger OUTSIDE the issues of PKNA, PK2 and PK. And anyway, this project was too "serious" for being just a parody. Smile

So, it's not even a serie that wanted to be compared to Marvel or DC comics, just an experiment which blends lots of styles, not just the Disney and the superheroes comics one.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin
Banker

PostSubject: Re: PKNA: a parody?   PKNA: a parody? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:35 pm

It's clearly propaganda.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Yoshi

Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PKNA: a parody?   PKNA: a parody? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:21 am

there are comics with the PKNA-DA outside of the three main series?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaming-universe.de
megasupermoon

megasupermoon

PostSubject: Re: PKNA: a parody?   PKNA: a parody? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:53 am

I know some only in Netherlands published PKNA-DA stories.
Here´s one example:
Spoiler:

They are very short ones, though...
Back to top Go down
loeb

PostSubject: Re: PKNA: a parody?   PKNA: a parody? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:23 pm

I speak about parody, but I didn't want to be respectful.
in a parody i see two elements: re-engineering and humour.
The first is essential, but not always the final goal.
About the second: elements clearly recognizable are taken and developed to work in a new
environment, with a new set of rules. That's the central element, for me, in a Disney parody.
The goal is to make aware readers of not-so-obvious elements:
Mickey's inferno gives some input about the difficult friendship between
two Disney's icons like Donald and Mickey himself;
in PKNA Donald achieves a great maturity, without seems someone else.
Of course the series develops in a true combination of different elements,
but the first step is taking input quite common in superhero comics (aliens and time travels)
and throw them in Duckburg: play Marvel like some authors have said.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PKNA: a parody?   PKNA: a parody? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:45 pm

"A parody (play /ˈpærədi/; also called pastiche, spoof, send-up or lampoon), in current use, is an imitative work created to mock, comment on or trivialise an original work, its subject, author, style, or some other target, by means of satiric or ironic imitation." - Wikipedia

If it was a parody, it'd be a parody of the superhero genre. It couldn't be a parody of the original PK, because it's so completely different they're barely comparable, it's not imitating but rather re-inventing. It clearly does imitate the superhero genre, but there's a distinct lack of satire or irony in that imitation. To me it doesn't seem like PKNA is trying to comment on the genre, it's simply a part of the genre. The point is somewhere else. So no, by this definition I don't think it's a parody.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PKNA: a parody?   PKNA: a parody? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PKNA: a parody?
Page 1 of 1